Tropicals at Yorkshire wildlife park, Doncaster.

doncasterpalmguy123

Tropicals at Yorkshire wildlife park, Doncaster.

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

An array of tropics at the Yorkshire wildlife park, Doncaster.
As well as lions, limas, meerkats and tigers, i was able to identify many different tropical plants in the park. These tropicals include trachycarpus fortunei, Yucca gloriosa, cordyline australis, phormium's, a fatsia and i think a yucca rostrata. Anyway, heres the pics, sorry some are a bit blurry. (They're all a bit young but the parks only been open a few years).
Attachments
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg
IMG_0275.jpg
IMG_0276.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Tropicals at Yorkshire wildlife park, Doncaster.

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

They also had several bizzys and a big butia or washy. (Can't remember which)
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Did you not find the cafe half way round? Full of exotics should flourish after this mild winter. Great place for a visit. Someone told me they niw have polar bears, is this true?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
doncasterpalmguy123

Tom2006 wrote:Did you not find the cafe half way round? Full of exotics should flourish after this mild winter. Great place for a visit. Someone told me they niw have polar bears, is this true?
I saw a washie kris but didn't get a pic, sorry> :lol:

Its partly true Tom, there are polar bears on the way, so very soon. I was applying for jobs and had to check out the exotics :lol: At least scruffy old Doncaster's good for something.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

doncasterpalmguy123 wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:Did you not find the cafe half way round? Full of exotics should flourish after this mild winter. Great place for a visit. Someone told me they niw have polar bears, is this true?

Its partly true Tom, there are polar bears on the way, so very soon. I was applying for jobs and had to check out the exotics :lol: At least scruffy old Doncaster's good for something.
Give it ten yeara I reckon this place will be one of the best wildlife parks/zoos in the UK. What job are you going for? Looks a fun place to work?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
doncasterpalmguy123

Tom2006 wrote:
doncasterpalmguy123 wrote:

Give it ten yeara I reckon this place will be one of the best wildlife parks/zoos in the UK. What job are you going for? Looks a fun place to work?
Well only the small ones, I'm still in sixth dorm, so I've applied for visitor service assistant, catering assistant and leisure assistant. Haha would much rather have one of the fun jobs with the animals. :lol: