Where to buy a mature Chamaerops humilis

Delboy

Re: Where to buy a mature Chamaerops humilis

Post by Delboy »

Mine came from Amulree too, £100 in the 50% off sales last year.
Its a whopper for the money, single trunked (arborescens) 160 ltr pot, trunk was advertised as 70cm but was over 100cm :D
Deffo ring simon and see what he has..
multim

Post by multim »

I've noticed that he's selling that really big one at a really big price.....£950!
karl66

Post by karl66 »

benbaron wrote:
karl66 wrote:Why don't you give simon at amulree a phone?, I had a corker delivered a couple of years ago for less than £400!, it's planted out the front & has really bulked up, the main trunk is about 4ft but as thick as a telegraph pole :D , it had 5 trunk's & it was very stretched when first bought!, now there all compact.

Hi Karl,

Will give him a shout - how about a pic of yours now ;)
As soon as I have time i'll get you some pic's up, work mental at moment.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

I've bitten the bullet and ordered one from seagraves - assured it will be a stunner when arrives. 25% off ending today so had to decide sharpish - prices that they had on them already were pretty good in comparison to others and with the discount I couldnt wait for other suppliers to get back in touch...

Will update when it arrives ;)
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Seagraves stuff tends to be top notch so im sure it will be a corker. Dont forget to get some photos up. icon_thumleft
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Delboy wrote:Seagraves stuff tends to be top notch so im sure it will be a corker. Dont forget to get some photos up. icon_thumleft

I will dont worry - just a little concerned about the size of pot and getting it round to my back garden..... :shock:
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Ha ha, that brings back memories of when I bought my multi trunk beast :lol: , it was meant for the rear garden but on arrival it was so big &heavy we could barely drag it let alone lift it!, it took three very strong men just to lower it into place, the size of it now would need lifting gear.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

OOOO excited - my plant/tree is due for delivery tomorrow - they turned up today but couldnt get the truck (artic) up the estate so comming again tomorrow in a smaller van :)

Will update with pics tomorrow!
multim

Post by multim »

Well tomorrow's come so where's the image - was it worth the wait?
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

!! Yes worth the wait :) Huge pot and good multi trunk going on - nice and bushy - if not a little too much so it obscures the main trunk. Slightly disappointed with the height on the main trunk as I was expecting another ft of trunk however the size of the plant is much larger than I imagine - to the point where there is no chance I will be able to move the pot through my back gate - its at least a foot too wide for that - not to mention weighing in at ton :shock:

http://www.kreativejuice.co.uk/plants/IMG_0005.JPG

icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
Huddy

Post by Huddy »

Very nice icon_thumleft how much?
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Very nice specimen ben, believe me you'll need some help planting that!!, even with a couple of strong helper's, they will live in pot's fine that size but planted out will be better option.
multim

Post by multim »

Crikey - that IS a whopper, I see that you didn't go with 'gift wrapped' option! That's going to look great when you manage to get it planted. You have a nice spell of weather this weekend to invite lots of strong mates around for a barby :D
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

karl66 wrote:Very nice specimen ben, believe me you'll need some help planting that!!, even with a couple of strong helper's, they will live in pot's fine that size but planted out will be better option.
Tell me about it!! I struggled spinning it around to get a view of the main trunk - the other sides have smaller trunks obscuring the main trunk :)

For the time being it is living in its pot, I will prob drag it to the front to give it some more sun when I dig up my phormiums but we are hopefully selling the house v.soon in which case it will get planted in the new place... icon_cheers
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Thats a beaut, I'd be chuffed with that.
Ive just planted my big one, I cheated and only dug 18" deep and then built a raised bed around it. Was easier than trying to drop the whole palm in a massive hole, and it looks good too.