Palm Fertilizer

Danny Thomas

Re: Palm Fertilizer

Post by Danny Thomas »

Sat wrote:I have been using chempak palm fertilizer, I buy online, but the postage cost nearly the same price as the product of £4. I;ve looked in all local garden centre for it but not avialable.

Is there an alternative palm or general fertilizer I could use which I can find easily?

What do most people use?
i think a lot of people use palm booster as well.
grub

Post by grub »

Danny Thomas wrote:
i think a lot of people use palm booster as well.
It's been said a lot of times before so just to remind you all I'll shout,
"PALM BOOSTER IS NOT A FERTILISER" :lol:
ElTel

Post by ElTel »

sorry can you speak up im a little deaf :lol: :lol :lol:
Sat

Post by Sat »

Someone is offering chicken/duck manure in local area for free, is this as good as horse manure for palm beds?

Hi everyone,we have 8 bin bags full of chicken/duck manure on offer. Ideal for veggie patch/allotment.
simon

Post by simon »

Has anyone here used mushroom compost before? I have a place fairly local that sells bulk bags of it. It is described as "A mixture of well-rotted horse and chicken manure with a percentage of peat neutralised with powdered chalk". I wondered if it would be any good.
countrylover

Post by countrylover »

I only use pigeon poo, in my opinion it's the best fertilizer. Just take a bucket of the stuff, stick it in a barrel and and fill it with water. I also add a few handfuls of stinging nettles, horsetail and marigolds. Let it ferment, give it a stir every single day to get rid of ammonia. It's ready when the suds stop appearing on the surface (in hot weather it lasts a week, but normally 2-3 weeks). Dilute it with water in 1:10 or 1:20 proportion and give this "tasty" and smelly stuff to your plants. They just love it.
Sat

Post by Sat »

I got some horse manure and pour onto this new palm bed i'm making. The bed is surrounded by connifer trees so the soil in mainly dry but it is in a corner so should get damp in the winter.

After pouring the manure is there anything to do? How long will it take the manure to break up and improve the soil.

I plan to plant Next Spring here..

thanks
Attachments
SDC11916.JPG
SDC11917.JPG
marie06

Post by marie06 »

Hi BC - It just so happens I have some scaffold poles (left behind by a cowboy builder). Always knew I'd find a use for them icon_thumright

If I end up rebounding and land in next doors fish pond, I'll blame you!
Imran Khalid

Post by Imran Khalid »

Posting to bounce this up to the top - here was another Palmbooster discussion.