Brahea Edulis

Mick C

Re: Brahea Edulis

Post by Mick C »

Las Palmas Norte wrote:I had one last year that I was forced to plant out (too large). All that remains now is a brown stump.

Cheers, Barrie.
I think you posted a photo of it planted out Barrie? What a shame it died, it was a cracking plant if I recall it correctly.

I almost took a chance on a nice one at Coletta & Tyson earlier this year, probably just as well that I resisted the temptation really.
themes

Post by themes »

DiCasS wrote:It sounds as if yours is in a good spot Mo, good to hear it came through okay. I was disappointed that mine took such a hit as it looks worse now than it did last year and we're now looking at another Winter. I hope it doesn't set it back further. Our temps here were -9 on a couple of occasions last Winter, and topping that when the weather did improve I can remember us having loads of wet weather and was in two minds as to whether to put the raincover back on for a while.

My edulis I'm a bit worried about as it's been in a clay pot for about three years and I'm sure I read that the roots tend to stick to the sides of the pot and when taking out, damage the roots. I've heard that someone lined their clay pots with plastic making it easier to lift. In hindsight I should have tried it.

Di
It was not as bad as -9 here. I did not measure the temps but I would guess at -5 or -6 on a few nights
Adam

Post by Adam »

how have peoples brahea edulis's faired over these last three winters? have any planted out ones survived? icon_scratch :)