Nick

Re: He he - my first Trachie

Post by Nick »

Yep it sure dose girl. bring them photo's on icon_cheers icon_cheers

icon_sunny icon_sunny
marie06

Post by marie06 »

OK, the sun shone today :D , so here's some photos of my new aquisitions and a few of my garden, as promised. Please don't be too critical, I know there's still loads to do.

Here's my 20 year old Cordy, which was planted out about 4 years ago after living in a pot for years.
P9090281.JPG
Next is the paved part of the patio, pergola and grapevine (which has run amok!)
P9090284.JPG
This is the border which divides the patio from the rest of the garden. Another Cordy, among others.
P9090282.JPG
This border was planted in the spring. I want so move some of the plants, it's not how I want it to look.
P9090280.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

Good photo's there marie06,nothing to worry about at all, the Cordi looks very nice, with three different heights of there heads icon_cheers thanks for posting.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Danny Thomas

Post by Danny Thomas »

Looks good there icon_cheers
sam140

Post by sam140 »

You could use some eucalptus for windbreaks to run with the exotic theme
marie06

Post by marie06 »

Yep, the back of the garden deperately needs a windbreak. I've got a couple of Pseudosasa Japonicas which I intend to move and grow along the back wall, and maybe I'll get a couple more if I can find them cheap enough.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Marie,

Have a look at www.eucalyptus.co.uk for info on suitable eucalyptus for windbreaks.

You may be disappointed with the size at first, but they can quickly grow. Up in Perth I had 3 of their young plants and they were about 18 inches tall. After 3 years they were 15 foot tall and quite bushy.
sam140

Post by sam140 »

That variety of bamboo will divide well into smaller plants. When I first got one about 2 years ago from a nursery I divided one into three & all are going well. Do it spring or autumn though. :)
Andrew Smith

Post by Andrew Smith »

I have got 2 x Trachycarpus Fortunei on order with Architectural Plants in Chichester (being delivered on 14 April) and 1 x Trachycarpus Wagnerianus about 90cm tall, on order from George at Palm House. icon_cheers :D :D

I already have 3 x Chamaerops Humilis, so this will be my first Trachycarpus.

I also have a Phoenix canariensis_CIDP coming from Architectural Plants in Chichester on 14 April.

icon_cheers

This will be my first Phoenix canariensis_CIDP as well.