Mr List

Re: What seeds shall I sow??

Post by Mr List »

seagrave has 25% off atm i think
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Mr List wrote:seagrave has 25% off atm i think
I think they have been doing that most/all of the year haven't they?

Anyone remember from last year if they have an even-more-off period? I fancy trogging up there if & when they do :)
Julia

Post by Julia »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Julia , if you want some nice cheap fatsia try The Range. I get mine from there. They normally have two sizes the dearest being £3. something pence . GVFM in my book. The one's i bought last year average about 3ft high now and the best from the year before is about 5ft.

p.s If you're lucky, come the winter knockdowns you'll get them cheaper. I've had them for a pound a pot at our local. icon_thumleft
Ok will do :)
Julia

Post by Julia »

[quote="Kristen"] Worth asking on here too (in the Casual Sales Forum) as folk may well have some seed they can stick in an envelop for you

Hmmm , To be honest I would feel a bit cheeky doing that as I haven't been on this forum very long...

Maybe next week :lol: :lol:
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

i have a tetrapanax you can have, you'll like that. PM me if interested
Julia

Post by Julia »

fieldfest wrote:i have a tetrapanax you can have, you'll like that. PM me if interested

I can't PM yet :( if you PM me with your email I can email you :)
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Julia wrote:Hmmm , To be honest I would feel a bit cheeky doing that as I haven't been on this forum very long...
They can ignore your request, or suggest a price, or just send you some in an envelope gratis. People have been generous to me and I have usually had little or nothing to offer in return.
Julia

Post by Julia »

fieldfest wrote:i have a tetrapanax you can have, you'll like that. PM me if interested

Thanks very much for taking the time to send it to me :)
Its potted up and I shall put it in the GH over winter and plant out in spring :)
LONGK

Post by LONGK »

I can certainly recommend Bomarea hirtella..................

Very easy to germinate, just be patient. Bloomed at about a year old for me and is still blooming in the unheated greenhouse today.
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

That's a nice one LongK, I do like these Bomarea. I only have boliviensis, a non-climber which proved hardy for me this last Winter to -8, with flowers not long finishing icon_cheers

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.