redsquirrel

Re: ricinus germination

Post by redsquirrel »

not allowed them here,too many four legged friends in and out
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
simon

Post by simon »

Darren, I bet there are many more poisonous plants in your garden that you didn't even know about. Many common garden plants are poisonous. Ricinus just has a bad rep thanks to russian spies. Many of us who grow them have pets and children but not one of them has dropped dead yet.
chris

Post by chris »

Thanks for the help guys.
:oops:
.It really is obvious that i have never sown seeds before, thanks again, chris
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

got some seeds this year my firsttime, zanzi and a red type heheh. have sowed them half in small pots the other half in the small pots but in a peat coin thing!! left over when moved into the house!! i have done this with all the seeds i am trying this year,and all the seeds in the peat coins are doing better!!
derrick

Post by derrick »

I have 2 carmencita plants when can they go out side .The zanzi and red stem seeds some are growing little shoots .I have 40 carmencita seeds dont no what to do with em i was given them last year .I might put the lot in a large pot see what happens .
Attachments
S4010350.JPG
Mark

Post by Mark »

Derrick, You are better off planting them in single cells or pots. When they start to root they will tangle up and you will end up snapping the roots while trying to divide them.
Mine today.
DSCF4450.JPG
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Derrik, they will keep for a year or two so might be worth putting them away just in case you dont get seed from yours this year.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

simon wrote:Darren, I bet there are many more poisonous plants in your garden that you didn't even know about. Many common garden plants are poisonous. Ricinus just has a bad rep thanks to russian spies. Many of us who grow them have pets and children but not one of them has dropped dead yet.
i can imagine most people do but my mrs wont have it,nor that the other plants can be as bad. im not arguing with her,the good points far outweigh the stupid
:wink:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
derrick

Post by derrick »

Yeh are keep the seeds for next year Thanks .
collins99

Post by collins99 »

Here are my Ricinus seeds , starting to look OK now , i was a little bit worried for a while ... :roll:

nick...
Attachments
128.JPG
129.JPG
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Mine have been in the ground a week :lol: