Best location for greenhouse heater

Forum rules
This area is for Reference and discussion of plant hardiness, overwintering methods and tips, and planr protection.
Blairs

Best location for greenhouse heater

Post by Blairs »

Where is the best place for a greenhouse heater? Seems simple but do you put it on the floor, hanging, near apex? icon_scratch
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Best location for greenhouse heater

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

On the floor so the heat rises I guess? I've seen some high up which keeps them out of the way but not sure it's the best place for one.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Floor, and one end or corner with the fan blowing across the floor. I have an air circulation fan on all the time blowing through the heater which improves the thermostatic control, helps distribute the heat, and stops stagnant air/fungal buildup. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Blairs »

Thanks guys. I asked as I also saw a fan heater at the roof line of a greenhouse and was not sure if it was for the plants or people.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

In a greenhouse. :lol:

Yep, agree with on the floor.
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Same here, corner and floor standing.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

My old faithful EWT fan heater passed away last week after many years of service and it spent it's entire life on the floor of one end of the greenhouse cutting in at 3c and turning off at 5c. Occasionally the fan would be run without heat.

An oscillating model will shortly be taking its place. For the current chilly nights an oil filled radiator is standing in with a continuous 300 watt electric fan on the go while the most tender items stay on various provisions of gentle bottom heat.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Just put my parasene thermostatic fan heater on. I always put it near the front (back is near to the house brick wall) and on the floor. Its a rotating heater so provides superb air circulation.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.