Watering of hardy tropicals stored in greenhouse over winter

Forum rules
This area is for Reference and discussion of plant hardiness, overwintering methods and tips, and planr protection.
sam140

Re: Watering of hardy tropicals stored in greenhouse over winter

Post by sam140 »

Keep dry when frost begins and stop fertilising Sept.
Linden

Post by Linden »

Hi guys.. If you click on Places of Interest in the top right of this screen, there's lots of nurseries and garden centres on there.. I'm supposed to be adding them to the Exotic Garden Guide but am pushed for time at the moment, they'll be there eventually. Also look in our Exotic Garden Guide (it has its own topic) for places to visit, including members' gardens (NOT ENOUGH OF THEM THOUGH if any members are reading this!!!) some of which are open to visitors all year by prior arrangement.
(Just so you all know I'm not dead, just busy at the moment and not much time to get on here, but I'm still wanting YOUR garden for the Guide!) icon_queen
Ditch

Post by Ditch »

Dave

How did you're bubble wrapping go ??

I still have to empty the greenhouse of the kids Tomatoes & Cucumbers, but the bloody things are still growing and kids are not impressed that I want to empty my greenhouse of there nice healthy plants and fill it up with my sick tropicals..
dave2166

Post by dave2166 »

well i was a bubble wrap virgin till yesterday but not today..... :P

actually took longer than i expected, nearly 5 hours but maybe cos i was being too fussy. and having to cut each piece was a pain too, and moving the staging out the way, the roof was the worst cos the sun came out and was blinding me, but got a real sweat on

then forgot to put the heater on last night so went down to 6.3 and was dripping wet this morning.

mental note .... ventilation is a MUST....even if it just a fan circulating air