Up, Up and hopefully not away.... My Polytunnel

Forum rules
This area is for Reference and discussion of plant hardiness, overwintering methods and tips, and planr protection.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Up, Up and hopefully not away.... My Polytunnel

Post by Dave Brown »

bev wrote:nice one dave icon_thumleft

very intuitive with the pics, hope it lasts a few years. i'm sure there must be a way to make a new cover even if it involves a massive sheet of clear plastic and a few folds!

cheers

lee
The whole thing was less that a replacement poly cover, so I would just replace rather than mess about, and everything is screwed together so designed for dismantling and rebuilding. :wink:

Conifers, it is about the most sheltered place in the garden, but you are right, I don't think it would survive an exposed full blown gale. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by jezza »

I was thinking of buying one of those, i have a nice spot for it too.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i think my first one might well have been cheap and nasty as the one i have this year is showing no signs of splitting or cracking anywhere. i have the cover wrapped around baton and nailed to the base otherwise id remove it for the summer months.having said that,it has served dual purpose this year as a greenhouse cooking the damaged palms,cycads and yuccas.id never have kept everything dry without one
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
becky

Post by becky »

Dave your polytunnel looks great icon_thumleft I'm very jealous mine still is not up :( bet yours will be fantastic for over wintering stuff !!! i only wish i had room for one in our garden :!:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Thanks Becky, If got electricity to it now, although just an overhead extension at the moment. I'm going to lay buried armoured cable over the winter. It makes so much difference having light up there, as you are not driven in by the ridiculously early winter sunset times icon_thumright
Attachments
091109 Poly light.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

Very professional looking Dave,

I almost could feel those heavy shoes having worked with clay...spade was bad enough so I would hate to carry it around on my feet :lol: :lol: :lol:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i replaced mine in 2008 but it is starting to disintegrate again.hopefully the spare cover in the garage isnt doing the same icon_scratch
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Dave,

How's your polytunnel with the extra insulation, holding in the heat with the cold at the moment? I may have to have a mini poly tunnel next year.

Ash