Pot protection inside Hammock Cover

Forum rules
This area is for Reference and discussion of plant hardiness, overwintering methods and tips, and planr protection.
redsquirrel

Re: Pot protection inside Hammock Cover

Post by redsquirrel »

Davey,your agave medio picta alba (white stripe) is not very hardy at all and should not be subjected to freezing temps really.
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Sat

Post by Sat »

Hi Nick, ok will move them inside the garage. The garage has the bolier that's all in terms of Heat, but unsure How I could use that to heat the garage? Or would it be wise to put plants underneath the boiler for some heat?
Nick

Post by Nick »

Don't put them under the boiler, as long as they don't freeze or get two wet hopefully they will be ok, but if you've had it really cold like some parts the damage could already be done, time will tell, fingers crossed for them.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Davey

Post by Davey »

redsquirrel, thanks for the advice. I lost a medio picta alba earlier this year, it turned to mush in one of the cold spells in January. It was under cover, but minus 5 was too much for it. I turned on an old parafin heater and it has thawed out over the past 24 hours without any obvious damage. I gradually thawed it out, just bringing the temp up a few degrees.
Davey

Post by Davey »

redsquirrel I have just read back my reply and see it isn't clear. I meant to say I'd thawed out the spikey that I showed you a picture of and I've just checked and it's looking much better.