poly tunnels

Forum rules
This area is for Reference and discussion of plant hardiness, overwintering methods and tips, and planr protection.
miggs

poly tunnels

Post by miggs »

Right im thinking ahead here what are these like im thinking about getting one like a 3.5mx2m ready for winter

Originally i was going to get a secondhand greenhouse but proving to be difficult with transporting a hell of a lot of glass lol

Your views please :wink:
Brian

Re: poly tunnels

Post by Brian »

Miggs where abouts in Norfolk are you :?: i can help collect a greenhouse in my trailer if you cover my fuel cost, I'll give you a hand to dismantle and reassemble it if you need it to :wink:
miggs

Post by miggs »

cheers brian

im in tacolneston :wink:
Brian

Post by Brian »

not to far from me then i am over the other side of the A140 in Woodton just the other side of Hempnall, send me a pm if you do want a hand with a greenhouse or anything else big i have a land rover and a old military trailer which had no trouble collecting my 6x8 g/house, potting table and loads of pots in when i bought my secondhand g/house. all i ask is you cover my fuel
miggs

Post by miggs »

brian you are a star no worries on £££ i will look after you

so do i go for a s/h greenhouse or a polytunnel decisions decisions
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

the cheap polytunnels disintegrate after a year or so,if i could go back three years i would have had chosen glass over plastic
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Brian

Post by Brian »

One thing i will say is if you do buy a secondhand g/house buy some new ali nuts and bolts for putting it back together i didn't when i bought mine and some bots snapped whilst undoing them but even more snapped reassembling the g/house, buy them of ebay as i could only find them in packs of 5 at silly prices around the local g/centers and b&q/homebase
miggs

Post by miggs »

well i got a poly tunnel

just got to put it up now
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Is it a proper polytunnel with a strong steel frame, or a flimsey thing like mine. :lol:

Mine is HERE
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

i can help collect a greenhouse in my trailer if you cover my fuel cost
Wow..flippin ek, such kindness Brian!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
miggs

Post by miggs »

same sort of size but very different the frame is 30mm steel tubing that bolts together and is very rigid im now looking to get a replacement cover as that looks not very good so going to get the proper stuff and see how we go
kata

Post by kata »

Great inventions

But what about ground frost?

..creeps out of HT

:lol: :lol: :lol:
miggs

Post by miggs »

that was going to be my next question what heating to use
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

There was a whole range of methods put forward here http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... 120&t=2905, but my problem at the moment is stopping things frying :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright