Citus this spring

ourarka

Citus this spring

Post by ourarka »

Just wondered if there were any keen citrus growers out there that would no what kind of effect this Spring will have on them.

Mine have been outdoors since mid-March and put on some decent early new growth. It hasn't been cold enough to damage them but they have been in wet soil for a long time now without much sun to help them.
Adrian

Re: Citus this spring

Post by Adrian »

Mine are doing nothing at the moment, still holding fruit but in need of a new flush of leaves.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

My kumquat grafted onto a lemon is putting out leaves slowly.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

My lemon (Citrus limonium) in a tub has been outside for the last couple of weeks against a sunny warm wall. It's carrying fruit which I am forbidden to pick. These are reserved for my youngest son who likes to suck them dry :shock:
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Suck them dry :shock:

My lemons are always being picked and used, the plants carry them all year long so always plenty to pick.
My oranges are for the Koi, well I only have the one now after a bad time in the pond but they love them.
I was going to make a load of marmalade last spring as I had a monster crop on two of my calamondin oranges but in the end I left the colour on them.
I have a couple of small Kumquats and they are quite tasty, peel and all.
I have a manadarin but that hasnt fruited yet as Im always trimming it to train as a standard, its there height wise at the moment but now needs to fatten up.

Two of my lemon plants were put out early Spring during the good weather and they were hit by a few frosts that has damaged the fruit a bit, plants are fine though.

I have quite an old variegated lemon but thats had a bad time for the last two years, it puts on good growth and looks the part and then just goes into decline for no reason, its happened a few times now, think I'll have to knock it out of the planter and see if theres anything up below ground, it could do with new soil anyway.