cypres problem

Dirkie

cypres problem

Post by Dirkie »

Dear geasts,

The needles of my cypres start to turn over from green to brown... I've already cut some damaged branches but i've seen today that my whole cypres has the problem... Can somebeody help me please? It's already my second cypres and i don't want to lose him :( icon_aaargh
Attachments
doc2.docx
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
Conifers

Re: cypres problem

Post by Conifers »

Can't see the pic - can you add it as a .jpg please!
Half Hardy

Post by Half Hardy »

I had a cypress planted in a pot,about seven years ago.It looked similar to yours,because I let the pot dry out too much.I didn't cut off any branches,some of the needles turned brown and fell off.Once I started looking after it again they stopped falling off,but they took a very long time to grow back again.It is now planted in the ground and has made a full recovery.I would be surprised if yours is the same problem,because it is planted out and we have only just come through winter.We have just had a fairly long ,dry spell here,so if you have as well,maybe just try giving it a good water.

Edit ..,Just thought ,if you have had a long frozen spell(wind desiccation),that may cause similar symptons.Conifers,is the forum expert,if you can get a picture to him.
kata

Post by kata »

I read about Leylandi, apparently if you brush the brown out it grows again green.. :roll: