Hosta Empress Wu In Flower

GoggleboxUK

Hosta Empress Wu In Flower

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Apologies to those who have already seen these pics on my blog but, as Dave often says, blogs are not searchable information so I thought I'd put it here as well for reference.

Hosta Empress Wu Flower, I never expected these to look so beautiful:

flounder

Re: Hosta Empress Wu In Flower

Post by flounder »

Flowers look lovely, nice pastel lilac type colour.....plant looks ropey though!
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Yes, the plant had to be dug up and potted due to slugs and snails abseiling in from above foliage.

In that large pot on a concrete table the snails and slugs won't get close but it will take until next year to recover now so I am hoping it sets seed and I can plant a few more in that pot.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Nice flowers Gog ,if you like Hostas Get your self a Blue Mammoth completely slug and snail proof, with the same flowers. icon_thumright
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Nice one, I'll check those out ;)
flounder

Post by flounder »

jungle jas wrote:Nice flowers Gog ,if you like Hostas Get your self a Blue Mammoth completely slug and snail proof, with the same flowers. icon_thumright
Down here in good old Sussex by the sea, there's no such thing as a snail proof hosta.
If there's a leaf still upright come morning, they're called slug resistant. In other words it takes them two nights to obliterate a plant :cry:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

:lol:
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Mine flowered this year, first year I have had it. not as big as advertised so hopefully next year is better.