Any other citrus growers?

doncasterpalmguy123

Re: Any other citrus growers?

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

Haha i wouldn't say that. I was not telling off, merely nudging you in the right direction my friend. I also have plants which need repotting. :lol: :D :lol:
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

I have a Lemon tree about 3 foot high that I bought from a car boot, but I don't know what sort of lemon it is, however it fruits every year. The reason i posted this was regarding Poncirus Trifoliata. I bought one of these in the spring following the bad winter of 2010 from a local nursery that was closing down. The specimen I picked was far from the best of the bunch but it was the only one that still had its leaves on. Since I have had it it has been a true evergreen, has anyone else got one that keeps its leaves all year? Also It seems very slow in growing and has only grown 1 foot since I have had it. Is this a normal growth rate for this plant. icon_thumright
doncasterpalmguy123

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

Its most likely a meyers or eureka lemon. On the trifoliate matter, I've grown four from seed this year. They seem to vary on being deciduous, of the four seedlings one has lost all its leaves, one has lost none and the other two have became semi deciduous like privet hedges (only loosing some leaves) :D Nothing to worry about. They're hardy to -30C which is quite remarkable so maybe if were only getting -2C lowest its not much for them to worry about so they stay evergreen. Either that or its a hybrid like a citrange. :D
franckm

Post by franckm »

Does anybody cultivate Sandford curafora F1 or F2 ? How hardy is the tree ? How do the fruits taste ?

Franck 8)
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

jungle jas wrote:Also It seems very slow in growing and has only grown 1 foot since I have had it. Is this a normal growth rate for this plant. icon_thumright
I don't know if that's a normal growth rate, but they are slow growers, which is what gives the scions grafted on them their hardiness. Less vigour -> more hardiness.