Where to get a Brugmansia Grand Marnier (and when)

ourarka

Where to get a Brugmansia Grand Marnier (and when)

Post by ourarka »

On the advice of many of you, my first foray in to the world of Brugmansias will hopefully be with a Grand Marnier in my conservatory this year. Just wondered where it is recommended to get hold of one ... and when they start becoming available?

I notice on eBay that many Brugs are simply called 'Red', 'Pink' etc .... what species would these be generally?
Last edited by ourarka on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristen

Re: Where to ge ta Brug Grand Marnier (and when)

Post by Kristen »

ourarka wrote:I notice on eBay that many Brugs are simply called 'Red', 'Pink' etc .... what species would these be generally?
Seed I would guess, and if so then not cuttings and thus probably not mature wood, so you'd wait most of a year before they were big enough to have forked to create the "Y" that signifies mature wood and the start of the plant flowering.

I grew some from seed originally, they were fine but I now prefer the few, specific, Good Do'er varieties that I have. The seed was cheap though, and it didn't matter that I killed a few :)
ourarka

Re: Where to get a Brugmansia Grand Marnier (and when)

Post by ourarka »

Any ideas where I could get one of the more mature varieties? Doesn't have to be huge but would be nice if flowering didn't take years.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

I've got some B. Flower Dream cuttings I'm about to pot up, I could send you one if you like? Its a poncy variety, and probably not a good place to start from for results (Good Do'ers would be my preference), but its certainly pretty - just you might not get a lot of concurrent flowering out of it - which to me is the main aim: a plant completely covered in flowers and looking fir-to-bust.

PM me your address if you fancy a go at one.
Wilza

Post by Wilza »

I bought two small cuttings off ebay in November 2012, and they were 4-6 ft and flowering by August 2013. As long as they get fed and watered regularly they don't take forever to flower.
This year I should have flowers around May time.