Why does my loquat look so poorly?

ourarka

Why does my loquat look so poorly?

Post by ourarka »

Hoping someone might have some advice for me regarding my E. Japonica. It thrived previously in my garden, but was moved to this spot autumn 2012. It gets sun most of the day and whilst the soil is on the clay side, it is pretty good. It just looks so miserable, though the new growth is encouraging. Do you think it has just taken a long time to settle, especially as it's first winter was such a harsh one, or is there a bigger problem. Is there anything. I could feed it with now to give it a boost for this year?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Conifers

Re: Why does my loquat look so poorly?

Post by Conifers »

Because it is planted sideways on a cliff, it doesn't like that :lol:

Otherwise, looks fine to me icon_thumright
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

For once, the picture is actually showing the right way up for me!
Nigel Fear

Post by Nigel Fear »

Don't panic it'll improve in a few weeks time. Loquat's naturally shed a lot of the previous years leaves at this time of year, your's has plenty of new growth coming on, so you'll just have to be patient for a while, and sweep up the old ones when they drop. :wink:
charliepridham

Post by charliepridham »

Looks normal to me for this time of year
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

Nigel Fear wrote:Don't panic it'll improve in a few weeks time. Loquat's naturally shed a lot of the previous years leaves at this time of year, your's has plenty of new growth coming on, so you'll just have to be patient for a while, and sweep up the old ones when they drop. :wink:
That's good news, thanks. Didn't realise they shed so many leaves. ........