Eriobotrya japonica

marie06

Re: Eriobotrya japonica

Post by marie06 »

Hi Nigel, I looked on Urban jungle, they wanted £64 if I remember rightly, and can't find it listed at Todds Botanicals. I'll have a look on Amulree now.

Ok, it's £30 for a 10L plant there. Looked on Todds again and still can't find it.
kata

Post by kata »

I just have to say to Steve,

The garden looks awesome!!

I love the shapes. icon_cheers icon_cheers
marie06

Post by marie06 »

Steve - your garden is gorgeous, and so NEAT! Put's mine to shame.
Nigel Fear

Post by Nigel Fear »

marie06 wrote:Hi Nigel, I looked on Urban jungle, they wanted £64 if I remember rightly, and can't find it listed at Todds Botanicals. I'll have a look on Amulree now.

Ok, it's £30 for a 10L plant there. Looked on Todds again and still can't find it.
They have more in their nursery than whats on line Marie, though plus there's a lot of 20% discounts coming up in the spring at some of the exotic nurseries. :wink:

The 10L price don't sound bad though, and the growth rate on one of these is pretty reasonable.
collins99

Post by collins99 »

Marie, i got one of these last year at about this time from easy tropicals on ebay , good value too as it was 6 foot in the pot for about £25 , it has seen of this winter fine showing no sidns of distress at the -10.1 i got up here .
themes

Post by themes »

got a small one from akamba in april and it looks fine. No damage and some new leaves in october. Nick got the same plant from Akamba...Not collins Nicks but Nick Nick. (one of you needs to change your name!) . hows yours doing Nick?
Last edited by themes on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marie06

Post by marie06 »

Nick, I didn't know Easy Tropicals have an ebay shop. I'll have a look now.

Found them, but they don't have anything for sale at the moment.
bev

Post by bev »

they had about 40 of them when i was at todds last summer, worth a phonecall. they sometimes look a bit spindley when young but mine is starting to fill out and branch more now it's in the ground.

cheers

lee
Simba

Post by Simba »

I made a visit to Todds last weekend and they still have loads of them for sale, looked totally unfussed about the winter that they had been exposed to

Just like the one I planted last year, which is looking great.

T
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

How has yours done Martin? (if youre looking in)
weve

Post by weve »

Quite a fan of this plant. Got a small 'bushy' one last spring and its done really well since. Seems very hardy,with no protection or damage and its already started putting on new growth.
cheers

Soon after planting (spring 2009)
loquotopti.jpg
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

marie06 wrote:I'd love to get one of these. I've been trawling through the websites, but for some reason unknown to me, my yahoo and google wont filter out foreign sites so it's taking ages. Has anyone seen any at a good price, as you did last year?
Try a search string like this (copy'n'paste the whole line into google):

buy Eriobotyra site:.uk
marie06

Post by marie06 »

Hi Conifers, thanks for the suggestion, which I just tried. Only got 2 results though :(
Simba

Post by Simba »

weve wrote:Quite a fan of this plant.
Me too.

I love the look of them, with their elongated leaf they are very exotic, and they seem to be as hard as nails..icon_rambo
Quite an underrated plant in my opinion.
marie06

Post by marie06 »

I was just about to order one from Easy Tropicals, than noticed their description says 'not limey' soil.

As I garden over chalk, does anyone know if this is right? I'll be sick if it is.