Slate and Bark chippings night!

Forum rules
General HTUK rules apply. This section is for tips, hints and discussion on growing that is not related to any specific group of plants.
jezza

Re: Slate and Bark chippings night!

Post by jezza »

My own cat craps then rips my lawn to shreds but only does it after it's rained as it washes away the cat repellent. I'm not a pet lover but i do tolerate the wife's rabbits.

My current problem is pigeons. I cut off most of the overhanging branches over the winter but there was one i couldn't reach, and that's the branch they are sitting on overnight, causing this mess to my kids area....
HPIM7384.JPG
Looks like i'll have to get someone in to lop the branch off. It's not a huge branch but it must be 40 feet up.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

greendragon wrote:The best thing about slate chippings is that cats never dig and crappe in it. At least they haven't so far but I won't put anything past them.

:lol:

Slates been down for nearly a year and not one cat crappe icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers

Slate = win
kracker

Post by kracker »

i put the plum slate down for easy maintenance so i have 3 tonnes of the stuff 5 large beds but you just don't know if the soil underneath needs a watering !