Jungle hut

Forum rules
General HTUK rules apply. This section is for tips, hints and discussion on growing that is not related to any specific group of plants.
Adrian

Re: Jungle hut

Post by Adrian »

All the timber is treated Nick, like you say, shame it cant stay this colour but wood always darkens.
Perhaps I should say, I thought you knew but yes I am a carpenter.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Adrian, I did know, remember you had just got home from work when I saw your lovely garden, you had bits in your hair remember :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

the felt on my roof is to serve as a dual purpose dry area for overwintering recently re-rooted yuccas.it was more important to get that on before anything else was done incase it didnt get done before the cold wet sets in.hope to finish the decking this weekend then i can think about trimming the roof.that will in turn create a bigger dry area to start on the sides should the weather go against me
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
derrick

Post by derrick »

Some great stuff good ideas .Next to my work is a play house like that .Adrian looks real good .. My wifes brother makes the african huts in nigeria . In greece we used willow screening washy date palm leaves as sun shelter in the reptile house .In the taverna we had date palm leaves as shade .Its a great way to hide that ugly shed .
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I have Google ads set to on, so I can see what ads which relate to posts. It is smart adds so they match the topic title. On Henry's Topic on Moso Bamboo, this ad was at the base of the post, and it fits right in here. I don't know if the prices are expensive or not but the sizes of poles are quite an eye opener for me :shock: :shock:

Their projects page includes a bamboo bridge and a Gazebo, which should really be a jungle hut :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by greg101 »

Adrian thats fantastic. Its so neat great carpentry skills there.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

change of plan on mine.im now hunting down some old rusty corrugated iron to nail on top.try and make it a bit more authentic
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
themes

Post by themes »

They all look brilliant. I am very envious :mrgreen: well done people