Jungle hut

Forum rules
General HTUK rules apply. This section is for tips, hints and discussion on growing that is not related to any specific group of plants.
GARYnNAT

Jungle hut

Post by GARYnNAT »

The sun was shining today so have been taking a few photo's to remind us of the garden once we have moved. I have not really been able to get any good shots of our jungle hut as the garden was to densely planted. Now all the plants we are taking are potted its is easier to get photo's so i though i would share one with you :D, this was a great place to sit and read a book on a hot summers day
garden Sept 09 095.jpg
garden Sept 09 099.jpg
Gary
greg101

Re: Jungle hut

Post by greg101 »

Gary i love it. It looks perfect for its surroundings icon_thumleft
GARYnNAT

Post by GARYnNAT »

Thanks Greg, i plan to replicate it on a larger scale in the new garden :D

Gary
bev

Post by bev »

looks a great place to sit gary, a shame you'll be leaving it behind! it must have been a difficult year for you digging most of your plants up and not being able to do any gardening until your next home!

cheers

lee
GARYnNAT

Post by GARYnNAT »

bev wrote:looks a great place to sit gary, a shame you'll be leaving it behind! it must have been a difficult year for you digging most of your plants up and not being able to do any gardening until your next home!

cheers

lee
Its been horrible Lee, cant wait to get started in a new garden, i have not even grown anything from seed this year, well almost nothing :D , got so many plans in my head just want to get started now

Gary
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

that looks so original icon_thumleft my idea of a jungle hut isnt looking as real as yours.maybe you can point me in the right direction one day.
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

i would be tempted to saw through the supports gary.. then replace it in the new garden!!
GARYnNAT

Post by GARYnNAT »

bobbyd44 wrote:i would be tempted to saw through the supports gary.. then replace it in the new garden!!

Nice idea :lol: going to build a much bigger one in the new garden so this one stays where it is :D

Gary
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I like the idea of a jungle hut, but I'd never get time to sit in it. :roll: Might Jungle Hutify my shed next year with a reed thatched roof :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by marie06 »

Dont use brushwood, like i did on my pergola. It makes a right mess!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Dave if you are thinking of the thatch tiles then you might want a rethink, I priced my hut roof up today and it would have cost around £600 so Ill start the roof tomorrow in 150mm feather edged board at a reduced price of £72.00.
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

I sit in awe (well I'm using a laptop & can't get up). I wonder if my longsuffering OH could be pushed in the right direction.
What a shame you have to move, are you going far? House up the road from me if you're interested! Serious zeros involved tho.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Adrian wrote:Dave if you are thinking of the thatch tiles then you might want a rethink, I priced my hut roof up today and it would have cost around £600 so Ill start the roof tomorrow in 150mm feather edged board at a reduced price of £72.00.
No, it is the reed screening £19.99 for 4m x 2m :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

let me know how you get on dave,thats what i intend to put on mine,a few layers deep.ive felted marine ply to date and now i want that reed effect with a foot or so overhang off the sides. i got a long way to go to get the feel of garys but a few air plants and a hammock will be a good start
Attachments
deck.jpg
deck.jpg (32.8 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

I used brushwood on our seating area. After a year or two it does weather and make a mess, but we just put a fresh layer on top, and like you Darren felted the roof first. We did it again this year and think there are probably three or four layers on there now. I know it's an ongoing thing to keep replacing, but doesn't take much time and is cheap enough. Your hut is looking good Darren :D

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.