Jungle hut

Forum rules
General HTUK rules apply. This section is for tips, hints and discussion on growing that is not related to any specific group of plants.
redsquirrel

Re: Jungle hut

Post by redsquirrel »

its a long way off finished di,ade has been helping me,more confidence than anything else but i was lucky in having his step by step guide to sort of follow.its good when people do that sort of thing so others like me who havent got a clue can have a go.wish id seen garys first though,it looks real and not like a stack of timber from b and q
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Yes but you haven't finished the roof off yet and that will make a big difference. Then when you have all your plants in place it will look completely different. And then when you have a couple of chairs in there and having a glass or two on a warm Summer evening, it will be brilliant. :D You (and Ade) and done good.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

di,you are welcome anytime.thanks for the encouragement icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Darren, are you going to add hand rails and spindles ?
it takes the top heavy look out of the hut.
Im going to start my roof today, Ill add another rafter between each hip and Im using feather edged board now as I mentioned above.
Mine isnt a jungle hut as my garden isnt jungle style so its not important to look like one.
When my big Phoenix canariensis_CIDP fully recovers Ill be able to use the old fronds as a roof cover if I feel like change.
Attachments
IMG_3321 (Medium).JPG
IMG_3318 (Medium).JPG
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

yes we are putting sides on ade but deb wants it fully filled in and i only want it half way like yours.background discussions ongoing on this.i dont mind the back filled in but not the front.i have to pick up some more decking boards for this weekend,lucky 7 wasnt enough so 4 more will finish it.the cost goes up and up.

seeing as your hut is loads bigger than mine,can i have your stunted Phoenix canariensis_CIDP fronds to try on mine :lol: :lol:
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

great garden adrian the hut looks great in the corner even unfinished looks like it belongs there!! makes me think i should have put a pitched roof on mine rather than flat slope!!
greg101

Post by greg101 »

This is my newest addition to the garden, the childrens playhouse.
Attachments
10092009865.jpg
07092009848.jpg
10092009869.jpg
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

That's cool Greg!

I like that.

Your children obviously like it too :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

greg101 wrote:This is my newest addition to the garden, the childrens playhouse.
Do you ever sleep Greg, you've done more in the last year than most people get done in 10 :shock:

Looks great.... and bet the kids make loads of friends wanting to come an play :D
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by greg101 »

lol Dave thats funny the neighbours keep saying that. I was looking back at the pictures of the top of the garden February oh my god its changed lol.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I did a bit more today, I added extra rafters then managed to get 3 roof sections boarded so not much more to do.
Attachments
IMG_4203 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4205 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4215 (Medium).JPG
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

dont know what you do for a living ade but if its not carpentry,might i suggest you are in the wrong job. :wink:
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Well, back in the old days when CB radio was the thing my handle used to be the woodbutcher :lol:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Adrian, wow that looks so very good mate, and where all the roof timbers joint up to that 20p shape piece of wood is so good, I wonder what it is you do during the day, it's fantastic there, if only the timber would stay that colour, what are you doing to presurve it to stop it rotting out :?: :?:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Nick

Post by Nick »

Darren yours is coming on well, as well, your going for the palm thatch aren't you, I do hope so as felt just don't look right at the mo, don't fill it all in or it will just look like a very 20p shape shed, it has to be open mate.

icon_sunny icon_sunny