Yellow Sulphur

Forum rules
General HTUK rules apply. This section is for tips, hints and discussion on growing that is not related to any specific group of plants.
DiCasS

Yellow Sulphur

Post by DiCasS »

Help!! Just a thought but I have a few palms that have spear pulled and a few which look as though they are going to shortly. I'm just wondering if it would be of any benefit to put some yellow sulphur into the crowns of those palms that look as though they are going to pull. Would this make any difference do you think or would I just be wasting my time.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
kata

Re: Yellow Sulphur

Post by kata »

Di hi,

There was I think, not sure a post about what to pour on a palm. A member was giving advise who had'nt been for yonks here. Maybe it was only feeding.

Something rings a bell, I hate not able to be certain.

:( :(
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

The method some use is 6% H2O2 (Hydrogen peroxide) poured into the crown/hole for a couple of hours. It dissolves the rot and kills the fungus/ bacteria. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Kata, was it Hydrogen Peroxide thread above that you were thinking about? I did have another read of this.

I'm going try the H202 on the palms that have pulled a spear, but am not sure if it has to be done now or when the whether gets a bit warmer. I've been trying to keep the plants dry where the spear has pulled from and am wondering if doing it now would set it back further if there was a chance there was a spear further down. One or two look as if they have no chance at all so there is nothing to lose on these. I dunno, I've never tried it before so any help would be welcome.

The palms that I was going to try the yellow sulphur on haven't yet spearpulled but the crown seems loose on a couple and wondered if it would do any harm in tipping some in the crown. I've used yellow sulphur on newly cut stems but never on a palm so again is all new to me. :?

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.