Welcome to Exotic Gardener's Question Time :-)

How do you rate this section

64%
Dislike
36%

Total votes: 39

GoggleboxUK

Re: Welcome to Exotic Gardener's Question Time :-)

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Dave, you do a terrific job, you bother because you are passionate about what you do and sharing the vast knowledge you have gained over the years.

I hope you don't think us ungrateful. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I love this forum and wouldn't be anywhere near as proficient a gardener if I hadn't found this site.

Back on topic: What are you even asking us lot for? As you say, we all like the moderation style and we know this sin't a democrasy so carry on as you see fit. I think some of us are unused to getting a choice but most of us will follow the rules as you set them.
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

Seems a good idea to me Dave, keep up the good work!
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Make the change and tell us don't ask us! :lol:

Were a picky lot icon_thumright
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I don't recall asking anyone :lol: , I just added a Like/dislike poll. That is not asking permission, just feedback. So far more people like rather than dislike :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
simon

Post by simon »

Dave Brown wrote:In industry any change is resisted, but that is stagnation.
Yes, I work for a company like that. If you say something is a bad idea you get accused of resisting progress but the fact is that not every idea results in progress. Sometimes people in charge have bad ideas.

Feedback is constructive not constrictive.
grub

Post by grub »

simon wrote:
Yes, I work for a company like that. If you say something is a bad idea you get accused of resisting progress but the fact is that not every idea results in progress. Sometimes people in charge have bad ideas.

Feedback is constructive not constrictive.
Statements like this are why we need a 'LIKE' button. :lol:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Simon my work is just like that sadly, I say leave it be, it's ok as it is, but a vote don't hurt anyone.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Dave Brown wrote:I don't recall asking anyone :lol: , I just added a Like/dislike poll. That is not asking permission, just feedback. So far more people like rather than dislike :wink:
Question is missing the S!
JakoMonster

Post by JakoMonster »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Dave, you do a terrific job, you bother because you are passionate about what you do and sharing the vast knowledge you have gained over the years.

I hope you don't think us ungrateful. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I love this forum and wouldn't be anywhere near as proficient a gardener if I hadn't found this site.
i agree so much with your commnet, i'm so glad i found this site, thanks Dave you done an great job with this site and thanks to the members too icon_thumleft
huporhaha

Post by huporhaha »

JakoMonster wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:Dave, you do a terrific job, you bother because you are passionate about what you do and sharing the vast knowledge you have gained over the years.

i agree so much with your commnet, i'm so glad i found this site, thanks Dave you done an great job with this site and thanks to the members too icon_thumleft

I'll second that and I like the change.............there are a lot of blogs and interesting subjects on the main forum but specific questions in one place will help sort out the general stuff, which is good in itself, from a question? I'd go further myself as I have a "tidy mind" and subcategorise the questiontime section with something like the titles on the exotics page plus maybe one on soil and another on miscellaneous things like pests and diseases.
Rabbie

Post by Rabbie »

Hmm only just noticed gardener's question time, that would explain why the main forum has been a little quiet. :lol:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Rabbie wrote:Hmm only just noticed gardener's question time, that would explain why the main forum has been a little quiet. :lol:

Its the Karl sub forum! :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Were renaming it "Karls Forum - how I created a jungle in 1 year"

icon_sunny :lol: icon_thumleft
Rabbie

Post by Rabbie »

haha :lol:
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Leigh wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:10mbit?

:lol:
That's what i thought gogg 10 :ahhh!: shouldn't 50 be the norm by now ! :lol: and i'm not bothered about a question sub forum, most questions don't get a clear answer anyway as Ade said it usually turns into 3 pages of waffle !
I prefer to call it informed debate, only some people get sulky when ones experience differs to there's. icon_thumright