Jubea Chilensis.

nige pook

Re: Jubea Chilensis.

Post by nige pook »

Ste wrote:This jubea is nowhere near the sort of size you are after but I think its a good price for £50. Take a look. This seller is great aswell, ive bought a few yuccas off him before and many others have used him off this forum too.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jubaea-Chilen ... 33690ee849
Sorry guys! I was a bit slow at reading this thread,saw this and thought thats a bargain! :roll: Oh well,been after a reasonable jubaea for some time and thought sod it! Thought one of you guys would have bought it by now and I was too late. Hope it's as good as it looks coz I bought it having found it was still for sale!! :D :D Sorry don't mean to gloat.Nige
Ste

Post by Ste »

Ive bought a few things from this guy Nige and they have all been quality, fast shipping aswell. The last yicca I bought was here after 3 days icon_thumleft
nige pook

Post by nige pook »

Thanks Ste,good to hear,always feels a bit dodgy ordering from a new supplier for the first time. Will the plant be as good as the photo,will it arrive in good shape,when will it arrive etc etc! If it does what it says on the tin I will be happy :lol: Never seen one of those whats a yicca? :wink: Nige
Ste

Post by Ste »

haha just seen what i wrote, a yicca. Its like a yucca but my own version :lol: Thats what happens after a few beers drunken_smilie1
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Jon Boy wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:[quote

You mentioned 3' of trunk, call it a metre, the Palm Centre had a 1 metre Jub for sale and if I remember correctly is was about £1200. (It's sold now) You're not going to get anything that big for significantly less.

Jub's are better value for money the more you spend, I've often seen Jub's with 30cm of trunk for around £500, which makes the bigger ones better value, but still an awful lot of money.

Jon
Jon, when will we get to see the pics !![/

Well it's been another month Jon Boy! Where are the pics!

:lol:
Better late than never............

It'll be a few years before it's back to it's former self,[/quote]

How are these beauties doing Jon Boy?
Jon Boy

Post by Jon Boy »

Hi Kris,

Sorry I've only just seen this.

The Jubs been doing fine, it's continued to push out new fronds since planting, albeit slowly. It will still be a few more years before it gets a fuller crown and loses the shuttlecock look, but it seems to have taken the transplant in it's stride.

I'll post an update in the summer, which will be two years in the ground.

As an aside, I checked on the large Mulu imported one planted round the corner from Akamba in October and that was looking very sorry for itself.