Waterproof umbrellas.

GoggleboxUK

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by GoggleboxUK » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:06 pm

cordyman wrote:
The Codfather wrote:its an umbrella not a parasol
Dave said he made it out of an old parasol icon_salut :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I made a shelf in my shed out of a wardrobe but when someone asks me where I keep my hammer I don't tell them it's on top of the wardrobe.

:lol:

Trudytropics

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by Trudytropics » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:32 pm

I think we should calls Daves protection a parabrella or could be a umbresol, either way a very good idea icon_thumleft :lol:

GoggleboxUK

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by GoggleboxUK » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Trudytropics wrote:I think we should calls Daves protection a parabrella or could be a umbresol, either way a very good idea icon_thumleft :lol:
Parabrella sounds too much like a type of bacteria and Umbresol is a tanning lotion isn't it? :lol:

Conifers
Posts: 13147
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Northumbs

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by Conifers » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:13 am

It's a frost canopy.

Anyone know what that would be in Latin? :lol:

GoggleboxUK

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by GoggleboxUK » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:21 am

Conifers wrote:It's a frost canopy.

Anyone know what that would be in Latin? :lol:
Yes, it would be gelu defendos. Sounds like a infant Transformer's party food

:lol:

cordyman

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by cordyman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:32 am

What ever it is if they sold them on ebay id have a few!

User avatar
The Codfather
Posts: 6436
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:02 pm
Location: Darlington, C.O. Durham

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by The Codfather » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:41 am

GoggleboxUK wrote:
cordyman wrote:
The Codfather wrote:its an umbrella not a parasol
Dave said he made it out of an old parasol icon_salut :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I made a shelf in my shed out of a wardrobe but when someone asks me where I keep my hammer I don't tell them it's on top of the wardrobe.

:lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: I have never laughed so much over a topic.........
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !

cordyman

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by cordyman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:23 am

GoggleboxUK wrote:
cordyman wrote:
The Codfather wrote:its an umbrella not a parasol
Dave said he made it out of an old parasol icon_salut :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I made a shelf in my shed out of a wardrobe but when someone asks me where I keep my hammer I don't tell them it's on top of the wardrobe.

:lol:


I'd tell them its on the "warbdrobe shelf"



oh wait then they'd got to the wardrobe :lol:

User avatar
karl66
Posts: 2645
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm
Location: halesowen. west midlands

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by karl66 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 pm

I can see its ging to be a long winter!, came back from work & all parasol umbrellas half way down the garden & all bent up :( . New i should of stuck to growing conifers. Has anyone started protecting things yet or cutting down bannanas that are being left in the ground?. I need a polytunnel to cover the whole garden. karl.

cordyman

Re: Waterproof umbrellas.

Post by cordyman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 pm

karl66 wrote:I can see its ging to be a long winter!, came back from work & all parasol umbrellas half way down the garden & all bent up :( . New i should of stuck to growing conifers. Has anyone started protecting things yet or cutting down bannanas that are being left in the ground?. I need a polytunnel to cover the whole garden. karl.

Karl I think Dave used rope to further support his from the wind. Perhaps some blue rope with stakes in the ground and then wrapped around the arms of the inside of umbrella would secure it

Post Reply