- Posts: 2645
- Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm
- Location: halesowen. west midlands
I have a large Butia Capitata in about a 50 litre pot, this is one thirsty palm. Even in cool weather it drys out so quick, is this a sign its a quick grower?. karl.
- Posts: 10160
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
- Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54
That or the compost mix is too well drained!
Kris' answer is more likely.
My Capitata certainly isn't a big drinker compared to Brahea, Jubaea or even Trachys.
I expect Nigel is the man to give you the full picture Karl.
- Posts: 13147
- Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:11 pm
- Location: Northumbs
If a plant in a pot is drying out very quickly, it usually means it needs repotting.
Not a big drinker........ as others said it must be well drained , at least it can be watered regularly without problem.