Cordyline types.

karl66

Cordyline types.

Post by karl66 »

What are others views regarding single or multi stem versions?. I suppose from a protecting point of view a single trunk is easier , plus i know they can branch off & singles are cheaper than multiheads. Some maintain they can be planted all year round when bought mature. My one concern is Dave brown lost a big one even in his part of the world. I suppose one bonus is even in a severs winter most cordys come back for more :lol: . karl.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Cordyline types.

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Buy small plants cheaply and watch them grow. They usually branch after flowering.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Kris, what do you think about planting a 10ft codyline in the ground now or keep in pot? karl.
karl66

cordyline's & wet.

Post by karl66 »

Does the Australis cope ok with very wet weather, the top of the trunk is so wet it looks mouldy, is this ok for them. karl.
flounder

Post by flounder »

I've found c. australis copes well with excess moisture, as long as the drainage is good
karl66

Post by karl66 »

flounder wrote:I've found c. australis copes well with excess moisture, as long as the drainage is good
Flounder, drainage is very good its just how sodden the top of the trunk looks, you could ring it out!!. karl.