What is this please.

jungle jas

What is this please.

Post by jungle jas »

While pulling up some weeds in the garden to day I pulled up what I took to be an acer tree seedling now I'm not so sure. When I pulled up the weed it was attached to a yellow/orange runner, about 300mm came up with the plant. It had attached to it a few white hair like roots. It has five palmate leaves looking very much like miniature Acer Platanoides, the biggest leaf being the size of a 50p. They look dull and slightly rough. The leaf stalks and and small stem are covered in hairs. Does this sound like a T Rex pup as the leaf is exactly the same shade as my T Rex a few feet away. I can find nothing else in the vicinity that looks remotely like it. My T Rex has been planted about 18 months. I have potted it up and put it in the propagator, what chance of it surviving if it is a pup? Thanks icon_thumright
billo

Re: What is this please.

Post by billo »

Posting a pic makes life a lot easier!
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

billo wrote:Posting a pic makes life a lot easier!
I know, I've never mastered the art of picture posting. :lol: :oops: icon_thumright
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

TRex has a glaucus bloom on the undersides of the leaves, and the emerging leaf looks like a fist with straight fingers, same as fatsia. Without a pic a positive id is almost impossible. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

JJ,

For pics just click browse and the forum software will search your computer for the image. You want to be looking under the text box then see..'browse' when the software finds your image just click 'add the file'.

icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

132_1722.JPG
I didn't know that kata, i use PB. giving it a try now..
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Yay it worked icon_cheers
kata

Post by kata »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Easy eh Dee?

icon_cheers
Springy

Post by Springy »

Blimey!! Whats that young monkey so excited about! :shock: :lol:
That's how I picture Dave Brown in his younger days, you can tell by its hair!!! :lol:
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Thanks all , I know asking some one to Identify a plant without a picture is along shot. A bit like asking someone how long is piece of string! :roll: However having had time to think about it the fact that it was on a runner eliminate a dropped seed so it can be nothing else! Any how it hasn't wilted like I thought it would so it looks as if it will survive. I will sort these pictures out and post one at a later date. Thanks. icon_thumright