Tall square pots for windowsill

rburrena

Tall square pots for windowsill

Post by rburrena »

Hi,

I want to maximise the space i have indoors for seedlings in winter (Southfacing windowsill). Does anyone know where I can get tall square pots so that I can grow my palm (and other) seedlings as big as possible with space for deep roots whilst still fitting on the sill?

The ones I see for sale are all pretty much round and squat and not the best use of space, they dont seem to give the plant much room to expand their roots.

Thanks. :D
Kristen

Re: Tall square pots for windowsill

Post by Kristen »

"Rose pots" tend to be tall-for-their-cross-section. If they are the right [cross-sectional] size then I think the height will be OK.

If you were closer I've got loads you could have, I only use them for marking things out!

GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

There's a specific name for these but I can't remember it. RedSquirrel told me last year so he'll definitely know.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

GoggleboxUK wrote:There's a specific name for these but I can't remember it. RedSquirrel told me last year so he'll definitely know.
Red Squirrel had some for sale on eBay last year I bought them off him. :D He may have some left. icon_thumright You could try EBay, they are selling them in Germany, but the postage is a bit off putting. I have not been able to track down any square ones in this country but you can buy deep round pots in the UK. 1, 2, 3, and 4ltrs. icon_thumright
rburrena

Post by rburrena »

Thanks very much. :D Yeah those rose pots look good, could do with being even taller :lol: . Maybe I can PM redsquirrel if that's not rude?

I am sure growers and nurseries use these type of pots for all their seedlings... I can't find them online. Hmmm. Strange how noone seems to sell them. I will keep looking otherwise i will see if i can get hold of some of those rose pots
kata

Post by kata »

Maybe I can PM redsquirrel if that's not rude?
No its not rude at all rburrena... :D
rburrena

Post by rburrena »

kata wrote:
Maybe I can PM redsquirrel if that's not rude?
No its not rude at all rburrena... :D
Thanks I have asked redsquirrel to help :D
rburrena

Post by rburrena »

Found this image...

This is what i want, maybe even bigger!
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

[quote="rburrena"]Found this image...

Found these for you on eBay, punch in extra deep pot hydroponics, 5 for £2 plus postage. They will combine postage. Company is Gardeners Wonderworld. icon_thumright
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

I was after some of these pots a couple of years ago and had real trouble in getting some at a reasonable price. In the end Redsquirrel helped me out. They were ideal and exactly what I was looking for. I put this post on the forum and there were some good tips on diy pots which might also be useful. http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... ts#p195255

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
rburrena

Post by rburrena »

DiCasS wrote:I was after some of these pots a couple of years ago and had real trouble in getting some at a reasonable price. In the end Redsquirrel helped me out. They were ideal and exactly what I was looking for. I put this post on the forum and there were some good tips on diy pots which might also be useful. http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... ts#p195255

Di

Thanks, Redsquirrel is helping me out too. Looks like my dealer is sorting me out with some pot. :lol:
rburrena

Post by rburrena »

jungle jas wrote:
rburrena wrote:Found this image...

Found these for you on eBay, punch in extra deep pot hydroponics, 5 for £2 plus postage. They will combine postage. Company is Gardeners Wonderworld. icon_thumright
Thanks for your help you were more resourceful than me in hunting these down :) its a good deal but per unit for a few the price adds up, redsquirrel is sorting me out for now :) .
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

rburrena wrote:
jungle jas wrote:
rburrena wrote:Found this image...

Thanks for your help you were more resourceful than me in hunting these down :) its a good deal but per unit for a few the price adds up, redsquirrel is sorting me out for now :) .
I've been looking for over 12 months, only when I added hydroponics did they come up! icon_thumright
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

For comparison, I've bought these:

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/cat ... uare-Pots/

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/cat ... quare-Pot/