Buying from german ebay.

karl66

Buying from german ebay.

Post by karl66 »

I remember seeing a few post's from member's who have purchased from german/Spanish dealer's & had good experience & bought several item's off same people?, I have a good collection of large trunked yucca's but am interested in maybe 1 or 2 more, it may of been simba? ste?. Anyone got any recommended link's to decent traders. karl.
Andy P

Re: Buying from german ebay.

Post by Andy P »

I bought a Cycad from Palmen3103 - German E-bay bout 18 months ago. Great quality, service and price. I couldn`t believe how cheap his shipment was.
Take a look at the link posted below..... I`d recommend him
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jubaea-chilen ... 3cc73466b3

The Cycad i bought off him cost me around £47 delivered. Here`s how it looked when it was delivered.
Attachments
2012-03-18 17.59.44.jpg
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Many thanks andy, had a look but not got what i'm after!!. karl.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Keep the link though Karl because he does come up with some serious offers from time to time. He doesn`t seem to have much on offer at the moment but his listings obviously change from week to week. It`s well worth checking his sales out every now and then.
Andy Martin

Post by Andy Martin »

I have bought from this dealer who is based in Southern Spain. I got a beautiful Nolina Nelsonii from him but when it was delivered I found it had no roots or soil :roll:
Attachments
IMG_0601.JPG
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Andy P wrote:I bought a Cycad from Palmen3103 - German E-bay bout 18 months ago. Great quality, service and price. I couldn`t believe how cheap his shipment was.
Take a look at the link posted below..... I`d recommend him
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jubaea-chilen ... 3cc73466b3

The Cycad i bought off him cost me around £47 delivered. Here`s how it looked when it was delivered.
The cycad was a bargain.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

If it`s just Yukka`s that your after Karl then hasn`t Nigel got a good selection?? Seem to remember him having a lot of them on his website at great prices last time i looked.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Andy P wrote:He doesn`t seem to have much on offer at the moment
For some reason only a proportion of his listings show up on the UK eBay site, whereas more display on the German site.

UK Link 48 items (just now)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/palmen3103/m.html

German link 307 items
http://www.ebay.de/sch/palmen3103/m.html
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Many thanks for info, the nightmare for me is getting site's to translate properly!, looking at some of the pstage cost's makes's it uneconomical in a lot of case's. karl.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

karl66 wrote:he nightmare for me is getting site's to translate properly!
Google Chrome's Translate doesn't seem to handle some of the "panels" within the eBay page. IE did better (last time I checked)
looking at some of the pstage cost's makes's it uneconomical in a lot of case's
I'm surprised you found a lot of cases, IME it was only their Stone Fountains and Statues (heavy! fair enough!) and the particularly large plants that had expensive shipping. You may find that he will combine shipping for you, if you need several things (or can combine with a mate nearby). Things that were "middle sized" or "small" seemed very economical to get here. Maybe you are after a stonkingly large plant though :)
kata

Post by kata »

I have bought from here before, great plants,

http://www.palmenmann.de/shop/index.php?
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Kristen wrote:
karl66 wrote:he nightmare for me is getting site's to translate properly!
Google Chrome's Translate doesn't seem to handle some of the "panels" within the eBay page. IE did better (last time I checked)
looking at some of the pstage cost's makes's it uneconomical in a lot of case's
I'm surprised you found a lot of cases, IME it was only their Stone Fountains and Statues (heavy! fair enough!) and the particularly large plants that had expensive shipping. You may find that he will combine shipping for you, if you need several things (or can combine with a mate nearby). Things that were "middle sized" or "small" seemed very economical to get here. Maybe you are after a stonkingly large plant though :)
No more massive plant's for a while yet!!, i'm afraid it's tighten the belt time for a while, i'm after one more large linearis & maybe another rostrata depending on cost!, must be fully rooted though. Much to the annoyance of my wife I've pinched some more of the lawn to build another arid bed. karl.
Andy Martin

Post by Andy Martin »

Karl .... your a hard man to please. Why don't you speak to Nigel about your requirements and he would possibly speak to Roland at the tropical Centre. That is what I did and I got what I wanted ie a 7ft Rostrata a large trunked Elata a huge Treculeana and I paid peanuts for them compared to other websites. When I was visiting his nursery he offered me this unique Linearifolia
IMG_0755.JPG
:D
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Andy, thanks for the head's up!, I deal with nigel a fair bit & were always negotiating on one thing or another. One of the linny's I had off him last year sailed through winter with no protection & settled well. karl.
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

i bought a p.vivax from this chap, nothing on there at the moment but worth keeping hold of the link

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Subtropical-Pflanzenversand