Large cordy flowering?.

karl66

Large cordy flowering?.

Post by karl66 »

I planted a large cordyline a few years ago & was a bit concerned as it's been very waterlogged with all the past few season's rain!, however the water soon drains away, probably within 2 day's. It's got two healthy looking head's although there quite small at present for some reason?, one of the heads is producing a a large flower , not knowing a great deal about cordy's I wonder if this is good or bad? on one of these. karl.
fern Rob

Re: Large cordy flowering?.

Post by fern Rob »

It is common for cordylines to flower but when my transplanted Cordyline was moved it lived a year flowered and the died.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Thanks for that rob!!, I've had a few smaller cordy's in the past that have flowered but it's a bit of a shock with this one as I was under the impression i'd planted it in a boggy place!, this one was not a transplant but a fully rooted containerised one, believe me these do not transplant. karl.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

karl66 wrote:Thanks for that rob!!, I've had a few smaller cordy's in the past that have flowered but it's a bit of a shock with this one as I was under the impression i'd planted it in a boggy place!, this one was not a transplant but a fully rooted containerised one, believe me these do not transplant. karl.
One of my cordylines transplanted fine but the other declined over a year.
Westport007

Post by Westport007 »

whenever you see them flowering there happy. :D