Strange leaves on waggie ?.

karl66

Strange leaves on waggie ?.

Post by karl66 »

I've noticed that a few of the leaves have what I would describe as a hump/ almost a sort of fold to them :roll: , imagine if you were making a paper fan & it started to unfold is the best way of describing them!, the two palm's are very healthy looking & a lovely dark green which makes it really strange, these are my large English grown waggies. karl.
Conifers

Re: Strange leaves on waggie ?.

Post by Conifers »

Photos?

Perhaps a cold snap causing a pause in the development of the leaf?
karl66

Post by karl66 »

That's a good shout, I've also got a chammy volcano that's in rich & healthy in colour although it has a mass of stunted frond's that seem reluctant to start moving?, this also could be a delayed reaction to cold damage. karl.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Maybe too much feed?
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

TTIUWP

i've had some strange leaves coming through, and everytime i've put it down to winter damage, fronds with bits missing, misshapen etc.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Maybe too much feed?
That crossed my mind but I really have cut down on feeding drastically this year & most of my palm's have only had one/two feed's at most, I do however palmboost regular although as you know this is only a root builder, funny enough all my other large imported waggy's have been dosed the same & are mint condition?, palm's are funny creatures so i'm sure they'll muddle through :lol: . karl.
GaryW

Post by GaryW »

I have it on my Sabal minor, and have had it on a Jubaea I put it down to winter damage when the leaf is just forming and you don't notice it until it grows out.