Composite decking

Spezzo

Composite decking

Post by Spezzo »

Has anyone got any experience with this type of decking? Am looking to replace mine in my tropical garden and would like some opinions and possibly some pictures of your composite decks. Does it live up to its marketing or does it tend to crack. I'm swaying towards Trex. Many thanks.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Composite decking

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I've received samples of the solid composite decking from e decks. Looks good stuff, very solid but thinner than wooden decking. The price though is pretty high at around £25 per 3.6m board.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

What's it made of, and does either its production or use damage the environment in any way?
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Conifers wrote:What's it made of, and does either its production or use damage the environment in any way?
Wood fibre and plastic but no need to stain/paint/oil.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Conifers wrote:What's it made of, and does either its production or use damage the environment in any way?
Wood fibre and plastic but no need to stain/paint/oil.
In that case, likely a far better choice than using the endangered tropical hardwoods that are usually sold for decking.
paulrm71

Post by paulrm71 »

I have used mill board decking on school projects (website with same name), and have found it to be almost maintenance free. However initially some types can be quite slippery in the wet as they exude an oily resin or something similar but that should disappear after the first 6 months or so. The only downside is the cost!