Dasylirion Advice Please

Colchester Lee

Dasylirion Advice Please

Post by Colchester Lee »

Hi, I rescued this Dasylirion from casualty corner, it's pot bound in it's 12L pot so I will pot it on.

Obviously it is a little the worse for wear with the spears being dry and feathery at the ends, perhaps it has suffered from over watering?

Any tips on how I can nurture it back to its best would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lee
Attachments
IMG_20190517_162825.jpg
IMG_20190517_162911.jpg
IMG_20190517_162902.jpg
chainsaw kid

Dasylirion Advice Please

Post by chainsaw kid »

Lee it would appear we don't have any experts on Dasylirion here. My advice is try on the EPS forum, a few people grow them on there. Hope that helps.
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
Colchester Lee

Dasylirion Advice Please

Post by Colchester Lee »

Thank you
tatter

Dasylirion Advice Please

Post by tatter »

or you could type dasylirion into search{top right) and see if there are any answers there from previous posts.
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
MonkeyDavid

Dasylirion Advice Please

Post by MonkeyDavid »

Doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it, the leaf tips are supposed to look like that.
They're very drought tolerant & require very free draining soil & thrive on neglect. Keep it on the dry side over winter as they hate being cold and wet
Colchester Lee

Dasylirion Advice Please

Post by Colchester Lee »

Thanks guys
I had already potted it up in free draining soil and it seems to be doing well, will move into the greenhouse over the winter months
Chez2

Dasylirion Advice Please

Post by Chez2 »

MonkeyDavid wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:25 pm Doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it, the leaf tips are supposed to look like that.
They're very drought tolerant & require very free draining soil & thrive on neglect. Keep it on the dry side over winter as they hate being cold and wet
I'm not an expert but mine looks like that only with lots of new growth. Mine has been in the ground two years. Even the new growth still tightly pressed together in the middle has the frayed edges.