Coddy's Blog - Some pics as promised....first ever video

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Trudytropics

Re: Coddy's Blogg - Some pics as promised....

Post by Trudytropics »

icon_thumleft :)
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

Looking good mate. Now when did you say you were coming round mine to do the same ......
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

:lol:..........
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I've toyed with the idea of covering up my decking for a long time.

Love what youve done coddy. If I were to build something similar how would you suggest rain proofing it so I can sit out whatever the weather? I think corrugated plastic might look a bit cheap
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Why would you want to rain proof it ? I want the sun and if its peeing down I will be not sat out.....
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

i've got quite a few sun spots to sit out, but no sheltered spots, and quite enjoy sitting out in the rain when its warm icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! That's a damn fine job there Codmeister ;)

And they say Dolphins are the most intelligent sea creatures but U've never seen a dolphin operate a power saw with that kind of skill.

Loving your work!
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

a monkeys uncle..... :lol: I have never heard that one. All done with a hand saw not a power saw.... icon_thumleft
AKA - Martin

kata

Post by kata »

Lost for words Coddy,

Awesome!!! Maybe a Wisteria and buy the grapes...lmaoooooooooo

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

The Codfather wrote:a monkeys uncle..... :lol: I have never heard that one. All done with a hand saw not a power saw.... icon_thumleft
That explains the dolphin thing then. B&Q don't seem to stock Flipper saws.

Can't understand why you used a hand saw though, power tools are the best thing about DIY, not only are they fun to play with they make the women very nervous.

Like we get when they say they are going shopping for shoes.

:shock:
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Coddy man

What does your mrs think of it all , she must be well chuffed. I know you'd rather pack it out with more palms / spikies etc but you've come up with a garden that has to suit a multi purpose in that you have to consider your young kids, the mrs and yourself.
I think you've done a brilliant job icon_thumleft

p.s thats a tenners worth like you asked for, a fiver and you wouldn't have got the bit about the kids etc :D
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

yeah, she is chuffed....espeacially now its not going to hit her on the head........ :lol:

There is work to do still, but the worst is over now.........

In time to come when the kids get older I can make some changes.....i,e introduce Island's in the lawn etc.....but as you said, it's all about balance and whats suitable for us ALL at the present time......and cash too.

Also, I want a green house but she aint really having any of it at the moment.......I am allowed to build a small lean up on the top patio next to the garage where the plastic greenhouse is....
AKA - Martin

Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

The Codfather wrote: In time to come when the kids get older I can make some changes.....i,e introduce Island's in the lawn etc.....but as you said, it's all about balance and whats suitable for us ALL at the present time......and cash too.
Thats where i'm at now Coddy. Used to be my boys would help me move Everest but now they're teenagers, they go all "Kevin and Perry " on me. It's all mine to do what i like with now. 95% of our gardens were always football pitches :lol: . Every minute was playing footie from sun up to sun down. Wouldn't mind turning the clock back tbh .......despite all the broken toes :lol:
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

Great job mate,looks really good icon_thumleft
G
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Amazing that you've done all that yourself Coddy. Must take a lot of skill. Great job.