Coddy's Blog - Some pics as promised....first ever video

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
The Codfather

Coddy's Blog - Some pics as promised....first ever video

Post by The Codfather »

Last edited by The Codfather on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Adam D

Re: Some pics as promised....

Post by Adam D »

Decent sized garden to work with mate.

Your missus is quite fit as well :P
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

Nice pics! Tis a good sized garden too! whats that being built, a patio or extension?
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Patio......
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

What are your plans for that big tree stump at the bottom of the garden :D
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Its gone.............what a pig.
AKA - Martin

RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Cheers for the pics. You look exactly how I thought you would somehow. I knew you worked in I.T. But I knew you wouldn't look like a nerd!

See you've been busy in the garden since you moved, with the tree stump gone and no doubt replacing the fencing at the bottom. Nice to see that you're also thinking of your girls with the trampoline and the swing. icon_thumleft

Have you demolished a patio to replace it, or was there an old lean-to conservatory there? If you're making a patio at that height you'll need a mountain of hardcore and sand. I did something similar at my old garden. 2 tonnes of sand & probably more than that in hardcore to make an elevated patio, whilst keeping an eye on the DPC of the house.

I think the landscaping is the most important thing in a garden. Plants will come and go (especially tender ones!), but if get your patio, lawn, fences and steps right to begin with, you won't go far wrong.

Cheers for the pics!
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

The patio is actually finished nearly.....there was a patio there but only small, so I have made it bigger 50m2.....put in a new foundation for the supporting wall and it took 25 tonne of road plain chippings (by wheel barrow.....) I have a pics of the pile on a old mobile phone.....I will get a copy.

What do yo mean I am nt a neard !! :twisted:

I am making a play area at the bottom filled with bark chippings and its down there I want to plant the bamboo's & Big Grasses as the want it like being in a jungle when playing.
AKA - Martin

RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Sounds great!

Really good that you're making the large patio area which would be brilliant for entertaining, and the play area for your girls at the bottom. By putting the softer bamboo and grasses by the play area, it shows that you're giving it all thought! Of course, would also screen off the view of the car park and make it feel safe and enclosed for your girls.

Seriously, good work. I'm impressed. By the time it's finished it'll be a great space for you and your family and just think how good it will look in the summer once you then get all your tender stuff out there.

icon_thumleft
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Thanks…….its actually an infant school out the back of us, its where my little one goes….its great the Mrs watches her out the back playing and sneaks her & her friends treats at playtime. The school closes at 3pm so its so tranquil for when I get home as there is no noise and no one to over look us on an evening or weekend.
AKA - Martin

RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Even better, how nice is that! :)

There's a primary school at the bottom of our garden too. Great to hear the kids run out at lunchtime, but like you say, it's peaceful at evenings, weekends and in the holidays. You just have to make sure you have a top on if you look out the back window!
jezza

Post by jezza »

I give you 50 pounds for your wife 8)
Nick

Post by Nick »

Codfarther, it's a lovey size garden you've got there, 25tons of road chippings, I bet your back is sore after that lot.good on you.so whats with the wedding photo's mate :lol: what sort of grasses are you thinking off growing, as I am on the look out for some really tall fast growing ones :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Jezza, she would eat you alive..........but I may swap gor a good sixe Trachycarpus. They pics were already on photobucket....so I thought I would share.....incase you thought I was making it all up in the past :lol:
AKA - Martin

The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

right behind the garage against the fence you can see the running grass\bamboo stuff............
AKA - Martin