Coddy's Blog - Some pics as promised....first ever video

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
The Codfather

Re: Coddy's Blogg - Some pics as promised....

Post by The Codfather »

Its not 100% finished....but I will get some pics and post them.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Here is some pics of what I was dong most of the summer in the front.......I will post some pics of my other DIY project from the back garden asap....

AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

I just went back to page 8 and shocked myself at the difference !!!

Last edited by The Codfather on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
AKA - Martin

Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Wow what a transformation, looks really smart now.....well done.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

what building site d'ya pinch all the gear from :lol:

very neat 'n' tidy, great job icon_thumleft
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Give yourself a BIG pat on the back. Well done. Superb landscaping. I'm very impressed with it all.

The brickwork, the fence, the new pavers, the edging bricks around the lawn, the gravel, the planting... Even the hanging baskets are improved. Just need to wait a few years for the plants to fill out, but it looks superb now. I don't think the importance of hard landscaping can be overestimated when it comes to gardening. It's the foundation work for your garden and the framework for your design.

I reckon you've just added a few K to the value of your home with the added 'kerb appeal'.

Initially when you joined, I was a bit concerned that you were stockpiling to many tender plants (ensetes, washies, etc..) but you've come good!
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Just noticed, your neighbour's dwarf wall and pillars are identical to yours. Did he pay you to do their garden at the same time, or did he muck in and go halves on the materials?
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

He paid for his materials (bricks) and I built the wall. I paid for the fence...its what I used to lure him...to rip out the hedge....he wanted to leave it in !!!
AKA - Martin

The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:what building site d'ya pinch all the gear from :lol:

very neat 'n' tidy, great job icon_thumleft
The same one you told me to go to...... icon_thumright
AKA - Martin

RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

He got a good deal then, a brand new high quality fence and a brand new thick wall with pillars. All adding value to his home too. All he paid for was bricks. Not the cement or the labour involved. He got a fantastic deal. Bet you arranged delivery of it all too.

Can understand him wanting to keep the hedge as it's good for wildlife, purifies the air, etc.. but it did look a bit shabby, much better with that wavy fence.

Really your neighbour owes you big time. Labour for a wall like that and cement costs would be at least £300 IMO.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Nice work. I'd have had it block paved as I don't like gravel but the rest is bang tidy.

icon_thumright
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Bang tidy as Keith Lemmon would say :lol: :lol: although it usually means something else :lol: .

Very nice Coddy, good clean and neat job, brilliant brickwork I'm impressed :D Your neighbours must be delighted you moved in next door :lol:
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

:shock: :o :o :D

pro job! icon_thumleft
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

Great Job steve! All You need now is some big palms mate. icon_thumright
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Steve icon_scratch :lol: Big Palm's icon_scratch :lol:
AKA - Martin