Gogglebox's Garden Blog:Year Three

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
GoggleboxUK

Re: Gogglebox's Garden Blog: The Story so far.....

Post by GoggleboxUK »

dorothy wrote:Hi you have some lovely plants there googlebox :wink: All my plants are in the conservatory.Didn't think you could put them out yet.Will have to start getting some plant pots now and get them out.
Thanks Dorothy, most of my plants have been out for 2 weeks now. It's only the really tender stuff that I'm keeping in. I have a few plug plants which I'm growing on until the end of April but with no frosts on the cards I think it's safe.

Everything I've bought this year is ultra-hardy, I learned my lesson last winter! The only thing I regret putting out is the Pieris, it doesn't look very well at all. It only cost me £3 though so I'm not overly concerned.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Tropical Bob wrote:That would look great, real Lara croft tomb raider stuff :D

Those italian trees fit in quite well with tropical plants, this is why i need a lottery win icon_cheers http://kensington-properties.com/en/pro ... Spain#pict
:D

In a couple of years I'll be running round the garden with a plastic gun in each hand doing forward rolls and shooting imaginary dinosaurs. :lol:

That villa is superb! If I win the Euromillions I'll buy you the one next door. I'll be having that one myself!!

;)
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Hey Goggle
the pic with the columns is something i've had in mind of doing for a couple of years, thats why i suggested the cypressus. There was a guy on Ebay selling column molds, he sells on ebay.com being a yank but was selling on .co.uk for a while last year. After considering how much work would be involved i.e concrete etc i came up with a plan B........i'm gonna use plastic soil pipe as the columns and then use stone paints to get the effect
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I bought a couple of Chammies on ebay last week, they were listed as being 45-55cm tall and were up at £19.99 each with free delivery. The seller had 15 and had just listed them before I bought.

I messaged him and asked if I could have the 2 biggest seeing as I was first to buy. He said he was a firm believer in "If you don't ask you don't get" and said he'd pick out a couple of good ones for me.

They arrived this morning and I'm stunned! Take a look at these beauties:

My exotic potted border is starting to take shape now

kata

Post by kata »

Dog is overweight

Nice plants.....Goggle.
i'm gonna use plastic soil pipe as the columns and then use stone paints to get the effect
Way ta go titich!

Have fun both of you :lol: :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Hey Goggle
the pic with the columns is something i've had in mind of doing for a couple of years, thats why i suggested the cypressus. There was a guy on Ebay selling column molds, he sells on ebay.com being a yank but was selling on .co.uk for a while last year. After considering how much work would be involved i.e concrete etc i came up with a plan B........i'm gonna use plastic soil pipe as the columns and then use stone paints to get the effect
If you're using plastic pipe Arlon I'd suggest you wrap in in Modrock bandages (like they use for broken arms) and then coat it in resin before applying the paint. Not only will it give a more weathered, pitted look it will also stop the paint coming off at the slightest contact.

Bloody good idea though, I like it!

GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

kata wrote:Dog is overweight
Dog is pregnant Kata,

:lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Oh hell Goggle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks like porkie pig. It also looks ready to drop it/them any minute.

Is it a JR. What will you do sell the puppies?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

kata wrote:Oh hell Goggle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks like porkie pig. It also looks ready to drop it/them any minute.

Is it a JR. What will you do sell the puppies?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

She is a Jack Russell, a miniature. She's only 7.5" from floor to shoulder so tiny. I usually keep her and the male apart when she's in heat but I guess they caught me out this time.

She's about to drop, sometime next week I think. I'll most likely sell the pups, 2 is enough!!

Ste

Post by Ste »

She's about to drop, sometime next week I think. I'll most likely sell the pups, 2 is enough!!

:D[/quote]

Sell the pups and buy more palms, then let them have some ''special time'' together again. You will end up getting your garden done for free icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Ste wrote: Sell the pups and buy more palms, then let them have some ''special time'' together again. You will end up getting your garden done for free icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
She's had one litter a couple of years ago and had 2 pups which sold for £250 each. I always said I'd only let her have 2 or 3 litters max because it can be damaging to their health to just let them breed every 6 months.

I was planning on letting her have another next year but they've knocked that on the head. I'll have to be more vigilant for the next couple of years before her final littler then I'm getting the male done.

My brother in law has just announced he's getting married next year and we're all going for 2 weeks to either Jamaica, The Dominican Republic or Mexico so I guess whatever the pups bring will go towards that.

I don't need an excuse to buy plants, I just get them and weather the consequences!

Ste

Post by Ste »

Remember I asked you about your buddhas a while ago, and I had seen similar ones at Barton Grange going for around £260 each. Well I found some the other day at a GC near me, look pretty much the same as the ones at barton but a little smaller and they were going for £16.99 each. I couldnt help but grab them before someone else did as they were the last 2 :lol:
Here they are now stuck down on top of my pillars.
Attachments
buddha 1 [111].JPG
buddha 2 [111].JPG
buddha 3 [111].JPG
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

They look superb Ste, absolute bargain price!

You're becoming the David Dickinson of Garden Bargain Hunt, only less orange.

Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

With those markings i think you have a Jack Russel/Jersy cow cross :lol: Nice plants! :D

Painted pillars idea sounds great icon_cheers

Those Buddhas were a bargain!!! icon_thumleft
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

This is the house, i found it, just in case i won the lottery :lol: :lol: £3.5 mill its up for and its got a nice line of those italian trees just behind the front gates if you goto street view :D

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 1&t=h&z=20