Gogglebox's Garden Blog:Year Three

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
GoggleboxUK

Re: Gogglebox's Garden Blog: The Temple of Light

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Ican just picture my son's face if he came down on his way to college and caught me watching Zingzillas :lol:

Mind you, I do like Raa Raa the Noisy Lion.

;)
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It's been a slow day today and I can't decide if it's down to joinery not being my strong suit or whether I'm falling foul of my usual attitude of giving up when a job is 95% complete. I do that a lot.

Anyway, the door is done apart from the polycarb panel and I've decided to forget the ancient look and go for a modern metallic look to the front beam.

;)
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

GoggleboxUK wrote:whether I'm falling foul of my usual attitude of giving up when a job is 95% complete. I do that a lot.
You could be a computer programmer :) our adage is:

"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time"

:DD
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Thank your lucky stars I'm not a mathematician or a pedant. I'd be calling that 180% into question if I were.

:lol:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

That's not 180% , that's two lots of 90% ... trouble is you never get to 100% !!
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I can't believe you just put the last 10% in to tell me that.

:lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

GoggleboxUK wrote: I've decided to forget the ancient look and go for a modern metallic look to the front beam.
You can't abandon the ruin idea last minute like that, get some dog turd on that door frame :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rain stopped play today, any excuse for a day off ;)
Simba

Post by Simba »

GoggleboxUK wrote: Image
This is such a unique project, and it's looking amazing.... icon_thumleft
call

Post by call »

Kristen wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:whether I'm falling foul of my usual attitude of giving up when a job is 95% complete. I do that a lot.
You could be a computer programmer :) our adage is:

"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time"

:DD
100% i do not understand any of this icon_geek :>beard<:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

call wrote:100% i do not understand any of this icon_geek :>beard<:
You're probably a mathematician then? !!!

Easy test for what your skills are by checking how you would "Hunt for an Elephant in Africa" :)

(Yeah, I would put an Elephant in Cairo before I started looking for one :) )
call

Post by call »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i would just go to the zoo icon_thumright
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Ladies and Mentalmen, it gives me great pleasure to update you once again with some damn funky looking pictures!

Although I still have bits of decoration and accessories to add, the only things left to do build wise are the polycarb roof and door panels, fixing the battens for the front panels and the seating. Other than that this is essentially how it will look for 3 of the 4 seasons every year.

Feel free to pat me on the back, I've been doing it to muself since about 1pm and shuffling rocks and plants around whilst standing and admiring it.

icon_cheers
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Goggs it certainly is something to be proud of! Its the most unique piece of garden construction Ive ever seen. Looking forward to the final reveal icon_thumright
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Sweet icon_salut
Leigh