Gogglebox's Garden Blog:Year Three

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
cordyman

Re: Gogglebox's Garden Blog: The Temple of Light

Post by cordyman »

i think green uplighting very subtle would look good to switch between that and the tube lighting. Could they be built flush with the floor outside the pillars, by removing a brick etc?
shanks

Post by shanks »

awesome!!! if it were me i would have some subtle uplight on the coloumns but thats just me, i'm going to get some for uplighting some of the bigger/feature palms this year
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I was thinking of this sort of effect
Attachments
124-khajuraho-temple-at-night.jpg
kata

Post by kata »

Beautiful Andy!!!

icon_cheers
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

looking great, well done icon_salut
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Voila le Maison Verte :lol:

All polycarb now in place (but inly for these pics really, it will all be coming down again tomorrow and being stored until winter). Good to feel it's working, even with a dull day like today it's substantially warmer in there.

and rather than a topping out ceremony I decided to invest in a couple of badges from the Land Rover Discovery Tomb Raider Edition that was made to promote and used in the first Tomb Raider movie:

One either side of the door:

I'll do some more interior dressing tomorrow before I take the panels off, that way it won't matter if it's pouring with rain or blowing a gale.

:DD
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Nice one mate, it all looks very well made.
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Good stuff Goggs, I didnt know you were a member of the Illuminati though :lol:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Looks very skilfully made. Well done.
kata

Post by kata »

Gud job G,

Enjoy the fruits of your labour.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Troppoz wrote:Good stuff Goggs, I didnt know you were a member of the Illuminati though :lol:
Yeah, me and David Icke will be holding meetings in the greenhouse once the Reptilian alarm is wired up.

:lol:

Thanks everyone :DD
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

very very nice :D

whats the score with removing and refitting the poly sheets, how are they held in?
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

cordyman wrote:very very nice :D

whats the score with removing and refitting the poly sheets, how are they held in?
They are fixed in place with wooden battens that are screwed into the frame. To remove the panels I have to remove 3 of the 4 battens and the panel slides out. The battens are then replaced and screwed in until then panels need to go back.

The roof and the door panels are permanent as both are well hidden from view so only 4 pieces need to be stored in the shed taking up just 4" of space along the side wall with a layer of fleece between each to protect them from scratching. I may decide to fix and old double duvet to the wall and screw in a couple of large eyelets that I can string a bungee cord between to hold them securely.

;)
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

woah goggle thats amazing, so unique icon_thumleft A transformer greenhouse, how fantastic is that. love the "Badges" love it all icon_cheers wow..
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

You a clever man Goggle icon_thumleft , very impressive, lets face it greenhouses etc are not the most attractive of buildings, however you have created an interesting feature that doubles as a good working space. Who says men can't multi task? :lol: