Gogglebox's Garden Blog:Year Three

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
GoggleboxUK

Re: Gogglebox's Garden Blog:Year Three

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Indeed, thanks for the advice Tom ;)

Since cutting them off 2 are unrolling and, although they look to be slightly thinner, I think they will be a good size once fully pushed out.

There's also another, much smaller. crozier about to push it's 'roll' clear of the crown which has emerged from between 2 of the larger fronds.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Indeed, thanks for the advice Tom ;)

Since cutting them off 2 are unrolling and, although they look to be slightly thinner, I think they will be a good size once fully pushed out.

There's also another, much smaller. crozier about to push it's 'roll' clear of the crown which has emerged from between 2 of the larger fronds.
Nice one, must be happy! ....I imagine them like sharks teeth, as long as the plant is happy and healthy they grow more ready to push through incase something happens to the top one. Sounds like you might even get a second flush later in the year. icon_cheers
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

New Boo growth:

Shiroshima:

Fargesia 'Simba':

Phyllostacys Aurea:

Some pics of the Papaver 'Lady in Waiting', first yesterday after it had been blown over in the breeze and readjusted the stem to catch the light:

and today after a day uproght in the sunshine:

A few shots of the Tree Ferns:

Lillies:

and Trachycarpus Flowers, male and female:

cordyman

Post by cordyman »

first Trachycarpus flowers for you goggs?

very nice! are you going to pollinate them?
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

the tree ferns have come out cracking for the first year
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Cheers guys, I didn't really know what to expect from the tree ferns but, yes, I'm very pleased with how well they look. They really suit that spot I think. I love having to duck under the fronds to get to the left side of the garden.

Cordy yes first 2 flowers, first year after planting with the coir & pellets experiment, don't think I'll pollenate as I've no room to grow and more Trachys but I might gather up a few seeds and go guerilla planting around the estate, see whether they have been bee fertilisied. You never know, 10 years from now there might be a load of 8ft Trachys around this area!

:lol:
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

The garden looks great, with the hints of colour.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Looking great Goggs, the tree ferns are the finishing touches, they really make a statement.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I've been tidying up and weeding the crappe from between the block paving this morning:

I've just come across a Nova in a plant pot that I thought I'd lost, it was tucked away beneath a Chammy and hidden by pots of Carex :lol:

It was just putting out it's second split leaf the last time I saw it and has been outside for the last 2 winters but it's looking really healthy :)

Mr List

Post by Mr List »

the lost plants of goggleland icon_thumright icon_thumright
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Mr List wrote:the lost plants of goggleland icon_thumright icon_thumright
:lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Lovely garden G,

That weeding must have been some serious work. Have a Becks on me dear, you earned it.

Your Ferns look great. I am still seeing new ones waiting in mine.

:lol: :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

looks far better.

English weeds are just so rubbish and unexotic :lol: :lol:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thats better gogs icon_thumleft
GoggleboxUK