Mr List Blog - 9th year 2018

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Mr List

Re: Mr List Blog - 4th year 2013

Post by Mr List »

clerodendrum trichotomum var. fargesii

I really like the intricate shape of the ice crystal fig too.
they bare pretty cheap and available, why don't you get one?
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

still looking pretty good

arrow bamboo hedge

mahonia

fatsia

sempervivum - was a little dot I chucked on just to see what happened instead on it ending up in the bin

schefflera.mac.

oak leaf hydrangea

magnolia tripetela

basjoo still going unaided

stuff

this is coming for Dave .B teehee :)

Mekong

Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Still looking great mr list icon_thumleft i still have cannas and trex etc in leaf! i look every morning to see if they have collapsed but no, not yet, my plants look pretty much like yours icon_thumleft icon_thumleft good isnt it..
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Great
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

gunnera coming alive

first flowers of the year

my trex which just loves to rot big holes in itself

first boo shoots appearing

stuff

an uber shade success

and an uber shade failure , the duchy schefflera has bit the dust it would seem

some plants in their winter home still coming along nicely.
I have nowhere for the two basjoo and two Mekong spares this year with the mild winter not killing anything,lol.

cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Grass looks terrible, is it due to all the shade from the jungle? :lol:

But bar that I seriously think you'll need to get the machete out by the end of this year, thats a growth explosion waiting to happen, all primed for the sun to come out. What are your plans this year, let it all grow and enjoy?
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Is that the Sarcococca that your bought last year in flower?

I have 5 of them in my garden and the flowers have opened, but not as much as yours have.

There is a big clump of it on my walk to work in Edinburgh. It is in flower now and sometimes the smell is intoxicating!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Your plants are looking in rude health (well apart from the dead looking thing in the shade and your grass) The Fatsihedra looks to have put on good growth as has your Scheffys, sadly the "seeds" you kindly gave me look to all be duds. What are your plans for the lawn?

I take it all back, one has germinated tonight!
Last edited by Yorkshire Kris on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Your plants are looking in rude health (well apart from the dead looking thing in the shade and your grass) The Fatsihedra looks to have put on good growth as has your Scheffys, sadly the "seeds" you kindly gave me look to all be duds. What are your plans for the lawn?

I mentioned this on another thread, but I think anyone with a scruffy/dead lawn, should go shingle a'la HTUK's Simba drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1

Mr List

Post by Mr List »

I think it was a cracking little brainwave to put those Sarcococca by the door. opening the door is as far as I venture into the garden most of this time of year and the scent just wafts straight in :D

lawn is a pain. it mostly comes back ok in summer, I have done all the blinking things the books say and it is no help.
if I got rid of the grass I would plant some other type of carpeting plants there.
StefanNL

Post by StefanNL »

Mr List wrote:
lawn is a pain. it mostly comes back ok in summer, I have done all the blinking things the books say and it is no help.
if I got rid of the grass I would plant some other type of carpeting plants there.
If grass doesn't work out then you should try Soleirolia soleirolii. Looks like moss, grows very fast, is evergreen and is completely hardy.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

and does barely nothing , I have been planting it in my lawn for years and it is just clinging on.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Im going to use shingle, my lawn is dead.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Question, Ken. Have counted the number of different plants you have potted and planted?
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

not a chance :lol: