Mr List Blog - 9th year 2018

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
GREVILLE

Re: Mr List Blog - 4th year 2013

Post by GREVILLE »

:lol:

Easier to say "Minus a Duchy Schefflera". (Not sure losing one of those is a laughing matter :oops: )
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

they are pretty cheap and readily available so not that big a tragedy
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Your garden looks good for the time of year.
derrick

Post by derrick »

Your Garden looks good Mr list. Already stuff on the move .I do like the skulls now .
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

growth

colour contrasts and complementary colour

new bit of planting have also just put in my second magnolia tripetala behind this euonymus alatus and to the right of the bamboo

if anyone remembers me asking about a tree and you all saying where would I put one?
lol, since then I have planted 3 trees with plans for 1,2,3. three more this year. lollll.

who needs grass in the lawn hehe

GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Very nice! What's that in the first pic?
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

not keen on the grass Mr L! but the rest of it Oooooooooooooooooooof! lovely! icon_salut first pic is a cracker!
pdid

Post by pdid »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Very nice! What's that in the first pic?
It's an aralia of some description. Looks similar to my bipinata but I don't think it is, mine kept most of its leaves this winter.

Nice pics Ken, I'm hoping to get some up once I've had a tidy :mrgreen:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

pdid wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:Very nice! What's that in the first pic?
It's an aralia of some description. Looks similar to my bipinata but I don't think it is, mine kept most of its leaves this winter.
It's a great looking lant, wouldn't look out of place on a Star Trek episode.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

yep the plain old common green aralia elata
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Mr List wrote:yep the plain old common green aralia elata
Ah, the Japanese Angelica tree, it looks much different pre-leafing up. How hardy is it? Surely not suitable for planting out?
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

All bulb lawns may be the way forwards .
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

GoggleboxUK wrote:
Mr List wrote:yep the plain old common green aralia elata
Ah, the Japanese Angelica tree, it looks much different pre-leafing up. How hardy is it? Surely not suitable for planting out?

lol?

I went with that aralia because it is the 100% tried and tested hardy one.
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Your garden is a bit like you. Mad, brilliant and proud to be unconventional (I've seen your other youtube clips!).

Well done on shaking up the neighbourhood and bringing a touch of exotica to your street. Although I have to say, that is the worst lawn I've ever seen. :shock: Which again makes it unconventional :)
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

the thing that really pisses me off with the lawn is that when it was left to run riot with weeds and only mown like two or three times a year it was lovely and green and not patchy.

then I read some gardening books and did everything you are supposed to do to get a good lawn and it just ended up like that.

I am just waiting until I can find a good low growing carpeting plant and then the grass will be gone.