Dee's Garden Rebuild from Winter Damage Blog.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Bob

Re: Garden Rebuild from Winter Damage!

Post by Bob »

Hey Dee!! icon_salut Sorry for being gormless and missing your thread. I also didn't get round to sending you Tabularis, I've smacked my hand!! promise to do it next time. Hubby has done a fine job with the raised planters, looks great and a riot of colour in your garden as usual. icon_thumright
derrick

Post by derrick »

Nice Garden Dee Dee love the colour looks nice had a freind from Austria with the name Dee Dee
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thanks yorkshire kris, Bob and derrick..
Did you recognise the red daliah bob :wink: the orange one's are at the bottom of the garden, i lift them every year because there gorgeous. I totally forgot about the Tabularis, gonna google it now!
Im just Dee derrick, app there's a Dee already in htuk so had to go Deedee..
Bob

Post by Bob »

Deedee wrote:Thanks yorkshire kris, Bob and derrick..
Did you recognise the red daliah bob :wink: the orange one's are at the bottom of the garden, i lift them every year because there gorgeous. I totally forgot about the Tabularis, gonna google it now!
Im just Dee derrick, app there's a Dee already in htuk so had to go Deedee..
Bergers record is doing well with you, a good solid red. icon_thumright
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Its a beauty bob, another of my favourites in the garden..
kevineden

Post by kevineden »

great pics deedee shows what you can do when mother natures against us tropical plant lovers icon_salut
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Wow I like that alot. Looking very good.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thanks Kevin and B19 for your lovely comments..
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Deedee, Sorry I'm late seeing this thread, just got back from a hot week a way with the family. WOW WOW WOW, being a fellow geordie your garden has inspired me, so much colour, really vibrant and tropical looking. My garden is small and has limited colour, after seeing yours I may well be introducing more colour into mine next year. Really lovely, well done to hubby too, I have a useful one of those as well :lol: :lol: , I bring him out from time to time to build something or lift something heavy :lol:
palm lad

Post by palm lad »

just catching up too.. :roll:

yeah Deedee, my mum had to fork out for the new fencing when the other lot came down.. the woman who lives there is really kind and helpful but her husband is the opposite and unfortunately he was the first to show up on cue and just stood there watching us lift the panels up and basically said 'oh well, we'll leave it upto you to get a new fence..' :?

and by the way i think your neighbour has put them the wrong way round anyways! :lol: i always thought that with those lap panels your supposed to put the 'upwards' side facing your side and the 'downwards' side facing into next doors?
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Hi Trudy T, hope you had a good time on ya hols, wish it was me, Theweather up here :cry:
Thanks for your lovely comments, I like plenty colour, makes the garden feel warmer lol
Yeah hubs really handy, i just have to watch for him trodding on the plants!!!

shame your mum had to pay for it Palm lad, when the neighbour fixed there fence to ours she was still with her hub, a great bloke, bit like my hub, do anything for anybody, she's on a different planet drunken_smilie1 and very very selfish, so, no help from us. Ever...
kata

Post by kata »

I too am catching up...what we like Deedee

I am a Dahlia lover and yours look the business. Its altogether a very beautiful garden, I too love the raised bed.

icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thanks Kata, Daliah's are nearly finished now :(

Thought i would add a few more pics, We, well hub, finally added electricity to the righthand side of the garden last year, the lefthand side was already wired up. Not that we used it much with the rain, I took a few pics about May/june time and the lights haven't been on since :roll:

Sorry about the quality of them, i was experimenting :lol:

A couple of Day to Night Pics...

Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Beautiful Deedee, lighting is a great thing to do in the garden, it looks so different at night and extends the time you can use it. I feel slightly self conscious when relaxing at night in mine, think all neighbours are looking out of their windows, they are not, just me being paranoid :lol: . I certainly hope you suffer less damage this forthcoming winter than last year. :D
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thanks Trudytropics, Im secretly hoping the shed gets blown down this year :D It will give us the push to renew it lol..