Dee's Garden Rebuild from Winter Damage Blog.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Nick

Re: Dee's Garden Rebuild from Winter Damage Blog.

Post by Nick »

I hope nobady is hoping to grow a 6ft trunk shuttlecock fern :lol: :lol:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

My Trachycarpus has 5 flowers, the most its had, pity they arent prettier :D

I trimmed a couple of fronds off and can now walk under it, I am head over heels in love with this palm :mrgreen:

The path between the raised bed and biggest border..

Not a lot happening here, look at the size of the TF fronds lol 10 fronds this year, 14 last year..
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi Dee, is that astilboides in the center of the last picture ?
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Yes it is nick, believe it or not, thats a shady part of my garden, just a bit of sun later on in the afternoon, i would love to plant it into a border but i dont have the room.
Nick

Post by Nick »

I was recently given a division of Astilboides from another member and have planted it out in a shadey spot. Arlon has some nice one's in his garden.

Do you find it needs constant watering in a pot ?
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

yes it does'e, but so does'e the TF and Gunnera next to it and the hose is only 2ft away so not so much a chore, at the min im watering the garden every day anyway. Its a lovely plant, isnt it..
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I keep meaning to pick one of those up after Arlon recommended it, looks a lovely plant.

Great pics again Dee!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Deedee wrote: Its a lovely plant, isnt it..
It certainly is Dee. I have mine connected to a timed irigation hose , so it gets watered regularly everyday along with the boo's etc
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Lovely plant Dee, astilboides is one of my favourites icon_thumleft
Delboy wrote:I keep meaning to pick one of those up after Arlon recommended it, looks a lovely plant.

Great pics again Dee!
Great plant amongst ferns etc Del. I took some pics a couple of weeks ago for a chappie on EPS. I don't want to clog Dee's charming blog up with my pics , so i'll chuck 'em over on mine.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Dee love the TF flower! you through me talking about TF fronds in the last pic though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you prefer the male flowers to female (or vice versa if i've got it wrong)
Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Lovely plant Dee, astilboides is one of my favourites icon_thumleft
Delboy wrote:I keep meaning to pick one of those up after Arlon recommended it, looks a lovely plant.

Great pics again Dee!
Great plant amongst ferns etc Del. I took some pics a couple of weeks ago for a chappie on EPS. I don't want to clog Dee's charming blog up with my pics , so i'll chuck 'em over on mine.
do they flower?
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I have no idea if my Trachycarpus has male or female flowers cordy, is one prettier than the other?
The TF fronds :lol: they are still the same size lol..
I dont know if the Astilboid flowers either , Im not much use am I :mrgreen:
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Sure i saw a pic and they had tall white flowers.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Your right Delboy, mine grew 1 flower last year when i come to think about it, not nice tho, its the leave's that are the stars..
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Deedee wrote: I dont know if the Astilboid flowers either , Im not much use am I :mrgreen:
Yep, tall , fluffy sort of thing. Not the best looking but a welcome interest / addition. Mine are up about a foot at the moment.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I hate to say it but, Its to darn hot. I can't sit out in it :DD

An update of stuff....

Outside the back door, I eventually found the mirror ive been looking for icon_cheers Love it, not easy to take pics of mirrors :D

Some bits on the shelving..

And the semp pot icon_cheers Over the moon with it...

A few randoms because PB is driving me potty and my txts are going and the house phone and the front door :twisted:

Its gonna flush :?

Couldn't get a nana for this bed so stuck a CIPD in it :mrgreen:

My pound shop bargain, some in this raised bed and some in pots, all doing well :wink:

I bought this at the allotments where i buy my Coleus. Mimulus (sp) i love the fold of one petal on each flower, I know, I know its not exotic but i like it lol

Thats it for now folks...