Fieldfests Blog

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
cordyman

Re: Fieldfests Blog-Banana update

Post by cordyman »

That ensetes a good size already icon_cheers
fieldfest

Re: Fieldfests Blog-Banana update

Post by fieldfest »

quick front garden tour

flounder

Re: Fieldfests Blog-video tour

Post by flounder »

Well done Dave, that's filled out nicely icon_thumleft
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

just lacking a little height for me.
I think you could do with maybe one or two specimen trees in the borders.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Looks beautifully lush and healthy, I think the height will come over time Ken. It's doing incredibly well for such a newly planted garden.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Give it time Mr L :!:

Your garden is looking great Fieldfest, pretty new but lovely and lush, I just wish my front garden was 1/4 as good as yours, and then i would be happy icon_thumleft
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

Thanks for the comments, plenty of height on the way 9 cordylines in there, 3 bamboos fatsias etc
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

cordylines will do nicely, since you can actually grow the bleeders down there icon_thumleft
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

I have put this in a seperate topic but might as well post it here too so I dont lose it

Springy

Post by Springy »

WOW!!! What an amazing video! Damn you clever people and your fancy films!! :mrgreen:

I'm not going to bother going to ventnor botanic gardens next time I'm out your way, I'll just book a visit to your place instead!! :D

Your front garden has come on leaps and bounds! Do you get people chatting to you about it when they pass?
The raised bed at the back looks great too! Good work! icon_salut
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

Springy wrote:WOW!!! What an amazing video! Damn you clever people and your fancy films!! :mrgreen:

I'm not going to bother going to ventnor botanic gardens next time I'm out your way, I'll just book a visit to your place instead!! :D

Your front garden has come on leaps and bounds! Do you get people chatting to you about it when they pass?
The raised bed at the back looks great too! Good work! icon_salut
sorry i didnt reply springy, we live on quite a quiet road so not too many passers by other than my direct neighbours, but yes the odd person compliments it. the neighbours hang their heads in shame :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Re: Fieldfests Blog-April/August Video

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Every credit to you Dave, your planting looks amazing and incredibly natural considering it's such a new garden.

Love the choice of soundtrack too ;)
dorothy

Re: Fieldfests Blog-April/August Video

Post by dorothy »

Wow!! Your garden is amazing!! You must be well pleased icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
fieldfest

Re: Fieldfests Blog

Post by fieldfest »

hello 2014

this weekend I have mostly been sorting the grass out, fixed the lawnmower, scarified and spiked the lawn, most seeds already sown.

on the 'to do' list:
Am having 3 tonnes of rubble delivered today for what is currently known as my 'patio area' though this could change to the 'kids swing area' if my wife gets her way...
Attachments
10013708_507844409320898_2001075254_n.jpg
1956954_507843685987637_449009819_o.jpg
1596944_507844075987598_1775109334_o.jpg
The Codfather

Re: Fieldfests Blog

Post by The Codfather »

What do you use to spike your lawn.....a proper hollow tyne machine ?
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !