Fieldfests Blog

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
fieldfest

Fieldfests Blog

Post by fieldfest »

Not sure who will find this interesting but i'll give it a go

I started the year like this:
DSC_7957.JPG
not had a frost yet but its ended up like this which i am happy with for year 1:
DSC_0635.JPG
Just starting the next stage of transformation to give it some proper style, the landscaping bit will probably take a few weeks/months to 'finish' as its too dark after work and I do like to do things with my family at weekends... anyhoo heres what I started today, which helps me to visualise what its going to look like a lot more than before (circle is 7m dia.)
DSC_0629.JPG
This will eventually be a smaller gravel circle filled with palms surrounded by a grass path, surrounded by borders filled with whatever I can lay my hands on

more to follow as and when time permits...
Last edited by fieldfest on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Springy

Re: Fieldfests Blog

Post by Springy »

I expect alot of people will find this interesting! But not me!

Only joking!!! :lol: keep the piccies coming!
I was going to do something similar with my garden but showing a few stages that it went through, from when I got it, up to present day.
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

Lookin good you'll soon have it filled out icon_thumleft
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I love seeing garden transformations!

Nice work so far FF.

icon_thumright
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Looking good FF, great to take pics, its easy to forget once your garden matures just how plain it once was :D . My last garden was all circles, circular patio, beds and lots of curved shapes, it will look great when complete icon_thumleft
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Well done FF. I can't wait to see the end result. icon_thumleft
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

lkooks brilliant but there is a weird row of trees around your garden icon_scratch
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

Mr List wrote:lkooks brilliant but there is a weird row of trees around your garden icon_scratch
those trees of the devil will go once the borders fill out enough to stop the neighbours cutting accross my lawn
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

on my trips to shopping centers i have always noticed that it doesnt matter what plants are there the shortcut paths still appear.

ever thought of a fence?
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

fieldfest wrote: This will eventually be a smaller gravel circle filled with palms surrounded by a grass path, surrounded by borders filled with whatever I can lay my hands on

more to follow as and when time permits...
Those yucca's are gonna come in very handy icon_thumleft
pdid

Post by pdid »

fieldfest wrote:
Mr List wrote:lkooks brilliant but there is a weird row of trees around your garden icon_scratch
those trees of the devil will go once the borders fill out enough to stop the neighbours cutting accross my lawn
Ah someone else suffers the curse of the corner plot!!!!

I`m considering planting a row of yucca gloriosa to stop the little tw*ts!

Garden is looking good icon_thumright
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

I will be trying to deter corner cutters with yuccas :evil:
unfortunatly not allowed fences out front as its 'open plan' though trees are allowed...

to catch up on 2007 until now:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Cool video!

If I had a corner garden that wasn't allowed fences I'd try these options:

or my personal favourite:

Of course, I'm not completely heartless. I suggest a warning sign:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

nice vid FF!

did you rest the camera in the exact same spot each time or just stood in the identical spot? :lol:
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

cordyman wrote:nice vid FF!

did you rest the camera in the exact same spot each time or just stood in the identical spot? :lol:
roughly the same spot, photoshops photomerge function manages to stretch and line things up nearly perfect