Fieldfests Blog

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
dorothy

Re: Fieldfests Blog-new steps and decking

Post by dorothy »

Wow!! you have done an excellent job there.Looks great. Your obviously good with your hands icon_thumleft
pdid

Post by pdid »

Nice work, I need some time/ motivation to get out and do mine. I bet you have used that slide more than the little'uns!

The fella that posted the comment is a regular poster on facebook HT, so I would imagine that he is a member or at least peruses this site. Unfortunately the world is full of idiots and the internet brings the idiots closer.
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Coming along nice FF icon_thumleft

Great how you used the sleepers/Gravel on the steps.

I do like Decked areas in a garden, Especially exotic gardening... I'm thinking of re-designing my patio area and adding decking or biulding a decked area near the back of my rear garden later this year.......

Great stuff icon_thumleft icon_salut
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Great FF, very impressive and imaginative use of space, you must be a great dad too putting the slide in for them. Once all planted up it will look superb, such a difference from how it was before. icon_thumleft
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

Trudytropics wrote:Great FF, very impressive and imaginative use of space, you must be a great dad too putting the slide in for them. Once all planted up it will look superb, such a difference from how it was before. icon_thumleft
thank you, yes the slide isnt the best looking garden addition, but the back garden is the family garden after all- mines out front
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

Lots of new pictures of what made it through winter on my blog here: http://exoticgarden.co.uk/
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

here is a photo update of pics taken over the last week or so. not posted too much as a lot is still in the greenhouse
Attachments
greenhouse full with plants ( I would rather they were in the ground but theyre not big enough yet)
greenhouse full with plants ( I would rather they were in the ground but theyre not big enough yet)
alliums are out at last
alliums are out at last
planted up the canna border with some very behind cannas, verbena bonariensis, echiums and gazania
planted up the canna border with some very behind cannas, verbena bonariensis, echiums and gazania
the p.aurea is growing well. hoping this Trachycarpus greens up this year given some feed, the soil here is not very good and bare earth doesnt look too pretty at the moment
the p.aurea is growing well. hoping this Trachycarpus greens up this year given some feed, the soil here is not very good and bare earth doesnt look too pretty at the moment
echeveria about to flower
echeveria about to flower
my small P. vivax aureocaulis shooting all over the place- why arent they going straight up?!?!
my small P. vivax aureocaulis shooting all over the place- why arent they going straight up?!?!
DSC_0710.JPG
phormium cream delight flower spike
phormium cream delight flower spike
3 flower spikes on a phormium
3 flower spikes on a phormium
lillies are nice and big this year, should be a good show
lillies are nice and big this year, should be a good show
Nick

Re: Fieldfests Blog

Post by Nick »

It all looks very colourful. A lot of hard work must have gone into it.

How do you get into the greenhouse :lol:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Brilliant, just brilliant, I love it all, great design and planting, its not easy to intergrate kids stuff into gardening but you done it and it looks great, buckets, spades and gravel are good fun and easily swept back into place :mrgreen: love your front garden as well, you have worked hard and it shows icon_thumleft sit for a while and enjoy this fab weather, if thats even possible for a gardener :D
kata

Post by kata »

You can stop him from posting F.F

Make sure no one reg unless its oked by you.

I strip out comment.php in the backend of the dashbord. Make sure any changes you make in admin is copied to notepad then if you cockup you just paste it back.

An exceedingly nice job there F.F...enjoy the beer.... :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Great pics, your garden looks superb and totally unaffected by the cold spring.

Love that pic of the Alliums ;)
kata

Post by kata »

I love those tall Alliums too, mine are setting seed at this time,

Only two this year but there will be more next season, I believe they were some seed given to me last year.

Looks like you have loads of plants in pots growing too F.F.

icon_cheers
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Those red robins have come on a treat! drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

cordyman wrote:Those red robins have come on a treat! drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1
I can't believe how fast they grow, 7cm pots with a twig in 18 months ago
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

look amazing when they catch the sunlight!